How far is the Pier in Honolulu to Wakiki Beach?

CRUZIN 4 SUN

how far is the Pier in Honolulu to Wakiki Beach?

I arrive in Hon. at 11am and the ship leaves at 8pm. I would like to spend some time surfing at Wakiki or snorkeling at Hunamu Bay (sp?) Do I have enough time?

Should I rent a car or take a taxi?

This begs a whole bunch of questions. What day of the week? Traffic is much worse around the Waikiki area during the weekday than the weekend. What are you going to do with your luggage while in Honolulu? Will you drop off luggage and check in first with the ship before going (which will cut down on your time available during the daytime)?

I suspect that it'd be doable but not particularly relaxing, especially with the rush to get back to the ship. Where are you flying in from? You may be too jet lagged to appreciate much on the beach. Give us more details and we can probably give you better answers - but I have a feeling that going to the beach and to Hanauma Bay may not be the best use of your time on that particular day.

Spleen

Hmmm. So the plot thickens. It really depends on how quickly NCLA lets you check in. If you can do things reasonably quick and check in and drop off by around 2-3 pm, then it's probably doable. For some reason, traffic from Ala Moana to Waikiki gets REALLY heavy in the late afternoon essentially every day. I would shoot for taking a taxi (to avoid the hassles of renting a car and fighting traffic yourself) to Waikiki Beach, hanging out for a few hours, and then heading back around 6 pm or so (to make sure that you get there in time). It should be easy to get a taxi out of Waikiki to go to Aloha Tower.

Spleen

Archived