Haven seating

Beaver1975

Is there blatant chair hogging in the Getaway's Haven? Or are the pool stewards good about removing "sunbathing" towels?

Why wouldn't there be? There's blatant chair hogging everywhere else and I would suspect that Haven passengers are probably the worst when it come to "It's my cruise and I'll do what I want!".

Why wouldn't there be? There's blatant chair hogging everywhere else and I would suspect that Haven passengers are probably the worst when it come to "It's my cruise and I'll do what I want!".

Curious: did you have some unpleasant experiences with Haven guests on your one NCL cruise?

Curious: did you have some unpleasant experiences with Haven guests on your one NCL cruise?

Actually there are more problems with supposed Haven guests here on CC.

7 days till my next NCL cruise thanks. Luckily no Haven on the Sun. I get free reign of the entire ship (that's open to passengers that is).

7 days till my next NCL cruise thanks. Luckily no Haven on the Sun. I get free reign of the entire ship (that's open to passengers that is).

Ouch!!!! Not sure why you would say this as you don't cite any experiences - just hope you enjoy your cruise wherever and whatever your situation.

I have cruised in The Haven and felt very grateful for the enjoyment of the experience - I simply don't understand why you would make such a sweeping statement? I would be curious to know which ship you were on in The Haven to feel this way?

Ouch!!!! Not sure why you would say this as you don't cite any experiences - just hope you enjoy your cruise wherever and whatever your situation.

I have cruised in The Haven and felt very grateful for the enjoyment of the experience - I simply don't understand why you would make such a sweeping statement? I would be curious to know which ship you were on in The Haven to feel this way?

It's the attitude of some on the boards that he's referring to. The entitlement, if you will.

He bases his response, to my legitimate question, on his interpretation of anonymous posters here and not on actual experience. Why is it not surprising who would come to Out to sea's defense.

Edited by Beaver1975

He bases his response, to my legitimate question, on his interpretation of anonymous posters here and not on actual experience. Why is it not surprising who would come to Out to sea's defense.

Agreed.

On all the occasions where we've had Haven access, not once have we had any trouble locating seating.

Stephen

I didn't understand; good to know you haven't had issues with Haven guests.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

It's the attitude of some on the boards that he's referring to. The entitlement, if you will.

Obviously, I am not "regular" so I am not aware of some member's

previous debates, interactions, and the like.

Since people pay for the added amenities and perks when they book Haven suites, I can understand why they could feel entitled. By definition, they do have a right to what they pay for.

Please reread my first sentence.

Spot on correct. :)

I base my response on sailing 13 cruises so far (do you really thing there is much difference in chogging on other cruise lines) and to what I have read on here. Do you really believe that Haven guests don't chog? If so, why the question to begin with and what is YOUR reason for what you believe?

You asked a question, I answered based on my experiences. If you don't like my answer that's not my problem.

My wife and I spent a week in the Haven last year on the Breakaway and never saw anyone have trouble find a bed or lounge chair. We spent more time in the VIBE ( we paid an extra $70 PP ) with 2 other haven couples. Had a great time. The Heaven is not all its cracked up to be. The resturant has the same food as the MDRs. And I didnt need anyone to make my dinner resevations for us I'm old enough to make them on my own.

Great room but not worth the money, Get a Large Balcony and pay the $70 dollars Each and do the Vibe all week. Only 80 people on the entire ship can go in and you get privite bar and food service, hot tub, Beds, And VERY Privite from the rest of the ship. And you'll Never have to worry about those Nasty Chair hogs.....LOL

I base my response on sailing 13 cruises so far (do you really thing there is much difference in chogging on other cruise lines) and to what I have read on here. Do you really believe that Haven guests don't chog? If so, why the question to begin with and what is YOUR reason for what you believe?

You asked a question, I answered based on my experiences. If you don't like my answer that's not my problem.

How many of your 13 cruises so far have been on NCL, AND in the Haven?

I have several....and have never seen chair hogging there. Not once.

My wife and I spent a week in the Haven last year on the Breakaway and never saw anyone have trouble find a bed or lounge chair. We spent more time in the VIBE ( we paid an extra $70 PP ) with 2 other haven couples. Had a great time. The Heaven is not all its cracked up to be. The resturant has the same food as the MDRs. And I didnt need anyone to make my dinner resevations for us I'm old enough to make them on my own.

Great room but not worth the money, Get a Large Balcony and pay the $70 dollars Each and do the Vibe all week. Only 80 people on the entire ship can go in and you get privite bar and food service, hot tub, Beds, And VERY Privite from the rest of the ship. And you'll Never have to worry about those Nasty Chair hogs.....LOL

But... but... everyone says once you go Haven you never go back! It's the law.

How many of your 13 cruises so far have been on NCL, AND in the Haven?

I have several....and have never seen chair hogging there. Not once.

I have never been in the Haven, never plan to go in the Haven. But I do know that I have read reports here on CC from people returning from the Haven complaining about chair hogging. Those reports are certainly in the minority, but it does happen.

I think your "suspicions" are probably wrong. Haven passengers have their own pool area and there is more than ample space at all times. They have no need to hog chairs... I don't have any idea what would give you the impression that Haven passengers are more rude than other people. My experience has been the opposite.