Beaches in Montego Bay

clr9rb

Hi,

We have a group of 8 and will be in Montego Bay on December 24. We want to go to the beach that day but after the research I've done I'm not sure which to go to. Anyone been there lately and have a beach to recommend. We have 6 adults and 2 children (3 and 6). We don't have a preference over private versus public. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I grew up in Montego bay. My favourite beach is Doctors Cave. Great swimming, snorkelling, food (try the fish) and shopping outside. Get your driver to stop at Pork Pit or Scotchies to try jerk chicken and or jerk pork.

Great! Thank you so much for the response! I greatly appreciate it :)

I grew up in Montego bay. My favourite beach is Doctors Cave. Great swimming, snorkelling, food (try the fish) and shopping outside. Get your driver to stop at Pork Pit or Scotchies to try jerk chicken and or jerk pork.

This is exactly what we plan to do on our upcoming cruise. Thanks for the suggestion

When you go to Scotchies or Pork Pit, get festival ad rice and peas. If they have ackee and salt fish try it. Food in Jamaica is one of the highlights. At Doctors Cave one of the life guards will take you snorkelling out past the buoy line for $10. I sneak out their on my own, the boat channel is only about 50 yards wide.