Diamond and Platinum Exclusive Offer?

bradm77

After trying the link again and again, I found the link that went to VIFP club special offers and found the two "special offer" cruises. Yeah, $25 with onboard credit sounds good - but I am NOT interested in flying across the country for a 2 night cruise to Mexico. I have read about all the free cruises the past few months - people got nice deals for long cruises from nearby or easy to fly to ports. Now with this new "offer" the best thing I have ever been offered was this lame $25 two day cruise that would probably cost thousands to fly to. No thanks Carnival . . . I was hoping you could do better than that.

Totally agree!

Doesn't it seem like the taxes on the short Baja cruises are high? Last January on the 4-day cruise we paid $57 in fees/taxes and next January it is $86. I had a bit of sticker shock on that.

Yes! Taxes/port charges for this two-nighter to Ensenada are $80 per person... I just looked up our 14-night cruise next March, with six different ports, and the taxes/port charges are only $130pp. Crazy.

I had a dream last night that my mom said "Time to book another cruise," then this happens! I must be psychic.

My PVP asked why I didn't want to book the other one, and I told him I wanted to get through the holidays first.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

since I only live 1 1/2 hrs. from Long Beach I grabbed it. $70.00 to pick out my own cabin on Empress deck, ocean view, with $50.00 obc. Not great but I'll take it. Nice little filler between 15 day Hawaii cruise in 3 weeks and mexican riviera 7 day in March.

Which date did you chose? If it's the 29th, I just started a roll call

I am happy that some people are able to take advantage of this. However, I'm sad that this is the only crumb that Carnival has ever thrown my way ..... when just a few months ago many people enjoyed "free" or extremely cheap cruises; and they had choices of dates, ships and departure ports. I know some sailed from Florida, New York and Maryland and some were 7 and 8 day cruises. The crumb thrown my way was for 2 days originating across the country - certainly not worth the effort for people living on the other side of the country.

I am happy that some people are able to take advantage of this. However, I'm sad that this is the only crumb that Carnival has ever thrown my way ..... when just a few months ago many people enjoyed "free" or extremely cheap cruises; and they had choices of dates, ships and departure ports. I know some sailed from Florida, New York and Maryland and some were 7 and 8 day cruises. The crumb thrown my way was for 2 days originating across the country - certainly not worth the effort for people living on the other side of the country.

Same here, that is way to far for us to go for 2 days...happy for those it worked out for though.

We could fly out with air miles but I don't want to waste them on a 2 day cruise.

Well,I ended up holding it then cancelling. Ultimately, with the higher port fees, it wasn't that great a deal. And since it leaves on Thursday, I'd have to burn 2 days off and pay someone to mind the kids and the dogs for me. Plus use up airline miles. Not so much of a deal after all that. I'm holding out to catch a good last minute deal out of Galveston this winter. :D

[quote name='belkin']We were so excited to finally get an offer...then really disappointed to see that it was for 2 days out of LA. No way am I flying from Fort Myers to LA for a 2 day cruise...even with air miles. :([/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Ditto, our sentiments exactly!! This offer in no way appeases us when 3 different couples we cruise with have received full 7-8 day cruises FREE (only taxes/port fees) and were given many months and ships to choose from. Not interested in a Fantasy class ship nor sailing out of LA.....good try CCL....but doesn't "cut it"!! THis is an insult!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] Edited by buddylover

[quote name='wrigley80']That's typical. Loyalty cruisers finally get an offer for being Diamond and Platinum and we can't access the offer. THANKS CARNIVAL[/quote]

Brianna I was so excited to finally have an offer ....yep 2 days for $25 with $25 OBC pp but airfare was over $700. Well now I can't say I've never received an offer lol Did anyone on the west coast actually get this offer or just those of us too far away to take advantage of it?

[quote name='UpstateCruizer']Brianna I was so excited to finally have an offer ....yep 2 days for $25 with $25 OBC pp but airfare was over $700. Well now I can't say I've never received an offer lol Did anyone on the west coast actually get this offer or just those of us too far away to take advantage of it?[/QUOTE]

What was your offer for?? The a Miracle out of Long Beach

[quote name='AngAndBoys']I was able to access it. And book it. Well, hold it for 24 hours. I'm thinking about this.

I've got 4 words for those of you who can't go because of flight prices. Airline Mile Credit Cards. My biggest issue with catching deals used to be the flight cost, because there are almost never really good deals out of Galveston, my close port. No more. I got a handy dandy airline mile credit card, which I use for everything in the world I can possibly use it for, pay it off each month, and viola, free flights whenever I want to go. For this trip, flight from Houston to LA will run me $11.20.

Anyway, I don't know if I'll really go or not. Anyone available to come sleep at my house for a few nights to make sure the teenagers that live here don't think it's a free for all over here? :p[/quote]

I was told I'm good with children :rolleyes:

[quote name='UpstateCruizer']Brianna I was so excited to finally have an offer ....yep 2 days for $25 with $25 OBC pp but airfare was over $700. Well now I can't say I've never received an offer lol Did anyone on the west coast actually get this offer or just those of us too far away to take advantage of it?[/QUOTE]

I live down the street from the port so I'm happy. 😃

[URL="http://s809.photobucket.com/user/ccruisequeen717/media/Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz18/ccruisequeen717/Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

[quote name='realmccoy']FINALLY....offer out of Cali! Booked it...[/QUOTE]

Which night? I started a roll call for Jan 29!

[URL="http://s809.photobucket.com/user/ccruisequeen717/media/Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz18/ccruisequeen717/Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

[quote name='AQW']THANK YOU for posting this! My family is already booked on the Imagination for Jan 25-29; now we can add this promo and extend our cruise on the cheap.

First-ever promotion offer, resulting in our first-ever B2B. No, it's not an exciting offer like I've seen so many others post, but at this point I'm just grateful to get anything![/QUOTE]

Join the Jan 29 roll call!