Just a few thoughts~ Off Oasis Nov 1-8th

bigsky

Many good and long reviews of Oasis already. Just wanted to share a few of my thoughts.

This was I think our 12th cruise. Been on Royal 4 times...our favorite cruise line! Was more excited to cruise on the Oasis than any other ship.

Boarded- Was thinking of eating one of those famous roast beef sandwiches everyone was talking about, but ended up getting in line and getting my soda pkg right away. Then we decided to walk around and find a bite to eat. Ended up at the Hotdog House. So yummy!!!!

Food- The food was ok, nothing special. Had a good dinner one night at the mdr, even though we hadn't planned going there much. Went the first night, and just ended up there 5 nights. Never a complaint about dessert! Anything chocolate!!

WJ- Ate there twice for dinner. Our plan was to just have someone find a table, then the other get their food and come back. Then the other gets their food. I liked the WJ on the Freedom class where you just go in line. Not used to the "kiosk's" of food. People were just downright mean on seafood night! I understand with this many people, maybe this design is quicker.

Once for lunch, we didn't even find a table. They finally stopped allowing people in.

Park Cafe- Our favorite place to eat for lunch!!! Loved the salads. Dh loved his rb sandwiches! I just had them slice some to put in my yummy salad. Never was able to find a table to eat there.

J. Rockets- Breakfast one time and decided not to go back again. Just so so food.

Had to find the Coconut Ranger cookies I read about on here. Found them, and couldn't get enough of them for dh!!

Breakfast in the diningroom- Horrible if you're in a hurry. Even if you're not, waiting almost an hour for an omelet is crazy and wasn't what we even ordered. dh wanted to be somewhere at 9, so figured an hr would be enough time. Other issues with trying to get something on the menu was difficult. So if you don't mind waiting a long time, then maybe it's for you. We tried it one more time after our dinner waiter told the main waiter about it. He apologized and gave me a card. Said this person would take care of us. Some really tried to do their part and I really appreciate that. Got a seat and they took our order right away. Still...35min to get it and then the people next to us were told out of what they wanted! We just sat down when the doors opened. hhmm...

There's so many choices of other places to eat, so just if you're in a hurry to get somewhere, maybe not for you.

Cabin location- We had deck 6, and room 666. Yes, that's right. Got many comments about that room number : ) LOVED the location!!!! Go down a few stairs for dining, out our door to the boardwalk, down a few stairs for the Royal Promenade, up a few for Central Park. Very quiet as well. Very easy to get to the other side for shows as well. We just walked across the Royal. We know we'll cruise this ship/class again and this is where we'll be next time!!

The shows were fantastic!! The first night we went to see Cats. Well, kindof saw it. Left at intermission along with others. Don't think they were returning either. Just wasn't for us and we were both tired. Very talented cast, but just not our cup of tea.

The shows were top notch on the Oasis.

Well, those were just a few thoughts about the ship. We've been to these ports so many times, (St Thomas, St Maarten, Nassau) that this cruise was about the ship. dh said it was his favorite cruise. He also said he wouldn't cruise without a flowrider again : ) He fell in love with it, and couldn't get him off it. He competed in best of the best the final night and came in 3rd! He was a happy camper.

Staff was outstanding. Not a single complaint. Though if I did, I can understand dealing with this many people on a daily basis, I would probably lose it a time or two. I had to do all I could from saying sometime to a gal that was rude to this poor gal in Park Cafe that misheard her and put peas on her salad instead of cheese...and she didn't toss the salad for her :rolleyes:

I actually should have.

Any tiny complaints I had, it was nothing in comparison to this wonderful week we had. No cruise will be perfect, but this was pretty darn close to it!

I would hands down cruise on the Oasis again. I hope though our next cruise I won't be disappointed since there's not quite as much to do. Nothing booked yet, but we'll see what ship we end up on....maybe Allure! :D

Thanks for the review! We sail away in 103 days - I can't wait, first time on Oasis. Love the Freedom class shops and can't wait for this one. We are also on deck six - the last three cruises we've done we always get deck six...happy coincidence!

Thank you for the review. We are on Oasis in May and I cannot wait. I have wanted to get on this ship for years and finally getting the chance. Best part is we are taking our GD on her first ever vacation.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review.

Loved your review! We are going on Oasis for the 2nd time in Jan. We also don't sweat the small stuff and this will be our 12th RC cruise and have always loved them. We have done one Carnival and one Princess cruise and RC is so much better, in our opinion. Our adult kids will be joining us with their girlfriends and none of them have been on an Oasis class ship yet, so extra excited to see what they think.

Thanks for your review. Many people talk of how easy it is to get ON the Oasis or Allure but if you don't do self-disembark, how is getting off this class of ship?

My DH has some mobility issues (but is not wheelchair bound) and can't stand for long periods of time...I'm just wondering how it would be to get him off the ship. If it is a long line and allot of standing to get off, then I need to make other accommdations for him. We can't self-disembark because I would have to handle our luggage and help him.

Thanks!

Thanks for your review. Many people talk of how easy it is to get ON the Oasis or Allure but if you don't do self-disembark, how is getting off this class of ship?

My DH has some mobility issues (but is not wheelchair bound) and can't stand for long periods of time...I'm just wondering how it would be to get him off the ship. If it is a long line and allot of standing to get off, then I need to make other accommdations for him. We can't self-disembark because I would have to handle our luggage and help him.

Thanks!

We did the self disembark. We walked off the ship at 7:15. You only have until 7:30 to do this with your luggage. We stood in line for and hr til we hit customs...long line. In fact, we saw people starting to get off the ship to get their luggage before we hit customs. I did see people that were in wheelchairs being taken off with assistance.

They have people to help get on and off in wheelchairs. Very accommodating.

So I'm sure if you can't do the self disembark, they'll help you get off and just have them use a wheel chair and they'll wheel them off. Depending on how much luggage you have, if they take care of the person you are with, then you can take care of that part. There are many people inside the terminal once you get there to board to ask questions.

You all will have a wonderful time!! Yes, that deck 6 is awesome!

One thing I did notice that hasn't been true besides our Disney cruise....soooo many kids!! This was not break time either. Just a family oriented cruise which they do a great job to cater to them as well.

Zipline was so fun!! If this is something you want to do, plan to do when you board. No lines, and they can get long. I was able to do it over and over.

Same as the Flow Rider. dh wished he had his suit in a bag so he could start practicing.

Shows again...make sure you get reservations. You can easily do this on your tv in your room. Many are sold out that night and ahead of time. The comedians were so funny. The headliner was Jeff Tracta. IF you're lucky enough to see him, GO!! What talent!!!

We were at dinner and got to the Oasis of Dreams (aqua theater) 3 minutes before show time. They gave up our seats. Have to be there earlier than that. We were able to see it another time. It was their last night performing before a vacation. New group would perform after our cruise.

So much to say, but like I said, so many long, good reviews out there. Just wanted to share a few thoughts. Had so much fun!

Lol @ peas instead of cheese. Mistakes can certainly be annoying, but I would hope someone could find at least a little humor at that one. The staff member was probably even thinking in their head "Peas...well....if you say so. Different strokes..."

Lol @ peas instead of cheese. Mistakes can certainly be annoying, but I would hope someone could find at least a little humor at that one. The staff member was probably even thinking in their head "Peas...well....if you say so. Different strokes..."

I actually thought the gal was joking. Thinking how in the world can someone get so angry because of something like that. :rolleyes: She got a new salad...