Cozumel East Side Advice

LREcruise02

I hadn't even considered the east side! Hmmmm. This really intrigues me. Would Rasta have wi-fi to occupy my teen? How long of a cab ride are we talking and for far apart (distance wise) are the pictures posted above? They look gorgeous and I'm curious where exactly all of them are or if they were just random beach shots as you walked.

Thanks for any help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am also looking at the Cozumel Kids Hop now, as the bar hop has so many good reviews! It stops at Punta Morena, Chen Rio, and Paradise Beach. Does that sound like a good mix to see some of the East side? Not too excited about Paradise but I'm sure my kids would like it. My only concern is a little over an hour at each stop, will it feel like we just get somewhere then have to go? Oh decisions decisions! Right now I'm considering the kids hop or just a day at Punta Sur/papitos. Thanks in advance again for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My adult daughter and I hired a driver a couple of years ago and went to the east side. The water was too choppy to swim but we walked along the beach. We stopped at the Bob Marley place for a while but ended up going back to the other side of the island to get in the water. East side very beautiful though and we hope to go back in the future.

I am also looking at the Cozumel Kids Hop now, as the bar hop has so many good reviews! It stops at Punta Morena, Chen Rio, and Paradise Beach. Does that sound like a good mix to see some of the East side? Not too excited about Paradise but I'm sure my kids would like it. My only concern is a little over an hour at each stop, will it feel like we just get somewhere then have to go? Oh decisions decisions! Right now I'm considering the kids hop or just a day at Punta Sur/papitos. Thanks in advance again for any advice!

I think this is a great idea. Last time we were at Punta Morena, it looked like they were building a kid play area in the sand, next to the pool. I haven't been to Chen Rio but Paradise Beach will provide the swimming in the ocean.

As for the traditional "adult" stops, Coconuts is really geared for adults. Not that I would worry about young kids, you're right that they probably wouldn't "get" it..and if there is nudity (which doesn't typically happen) then so be it. But, I do know many adults will change their "behavior" when in the company of kids. While they have a few animals there, I would think after 5 minutes they would be very bored.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI Coconuts has some cool animals for kids to see. (birds, cats etc., if I remember right). It's a neat place to explore.

I think your kids would like some time at Punta Morena, then to Coconuts and back stopping at Punta Sur for the crocs and lighthouse if you like. Sounds like a fun day if you ask me!

After lots of research I think we are going to do just this! Punta Morena and Punta Sur with a sight seeing stop or two between. Now looking up drivers :) the kids hop sounds fun but I like the flexibility of being able to stay however long we want at one spot. Thank you so much for your help and suggestions!

I've been to Cozumel several times in March 2014 was my 1st time on the Eastside. It was part of a Private Jeep Tour. Best beach every...loved the waves. I would like to go back but not sure where to go and what they offer...Any help would be appreciated.

After lots of research I think we are going to do just this! Punta Morena and Punta Sur with a sight seeing stop or two between. Now looking up drivers :) the kids hop sounds fun but I like the flexibility of being able to stay however long we want at one spot. Thank you so much for your help and suggestions!

Let us know how it goes when you get back!! Enjoy!!

I have been researching this too for our cruise in June and I think we are going to do the Beach Break or the All Inclusive at Punta Sur. Go check papitosbeachcozumel dot com and the info will come up. It includes transportation, but as FYI I saw on another thread that the standard cab rate is $16 RT per person here. There are lots of reviews on tripadvisor also. Looks like it used to be a cruise passenger ship excursion only but now they have turned it over for public use and it is inside the national park of punta sur. We will be taking teens and it looks like there is great snorkeling, kayaks and paddleboats so I am hoping this is the right decision.

We did Paradise Beach before and it was okay but there's a reason I'm looking for something else. The pool at PB was fabulous, but my kids and I prefer the ocean and the ocean floor at PB was riddled with rocks under the inflatables and on the way to them. That being said, the resort itself was beautiful and the food was AWESOME!

Have fun whatever you choose.