Canopy Zip Tours

marydz

I am looking for any information from people who have taken this tour. We are docking in Montego Bay and I am curious as to how physically fit you need to be to take this tour. Does it require a lot of upper body / arm strength? Do you really have to climb a 20ft ladder straight up? Does it take a certain measure of skill/talent? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary

Carnival Victory

Carnival Legend (twice)

Upcoming Carnival Conquest

search this forum for "canopy tour" and you should find a few threads, including reviews.

We took this tour in June (from the Conquest). No ladder to climb. You don't really need upper arm strength unless you brake too soon and have to pull yourself into the platform (I don't think this happened to anyone on our tour....just listen to the tour guide and you shouldn't have any problems).

Bring insect repellent.....I got bit around my ankles.:(

I also took the tour in June from the Caribbean Princess. I LOVED it! So did my hubby.

It really didn't take any strength. The guides hook you up, you just 'sit' and fly!:D The braking with your arm is a matter of squeezing your hand shut. A majority of the time they told you to just let go. Especially the last one!;)

There was no ladder. You walk through the jungle. You do go up a hill a few times, but nothing bad. From the 2nd(I think) to the 3rd you even ride in a jeep.

I second the insect spray. We took the first one in the morning, I think it was at 8AM. I'm so glad we did. Halfway through I was soaked in sweat from the humidity.

Take the tour....you'll be SO glad you did!!! It was well worth the money. Have fun with "Crazy Chris"!!

Archived