Theft on board Azura

holiday addict

It's all recorded on hard drive. Just insert time and date she left the camera and play on. You will soon see where it went .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course it is recorded, however as per my post each individual camera is not monitored 24/7.

If there was a break in, in a cabin or such like would the footage be retrieved and revue'd? Of course it would.

Would they revue the footage for a camera going missing in a public space? No.

I recently went to the Caribbean on board Azura, and during our second week , I was unfortunate enough to accidentally leave my camera at Breakers Bar at midnight when there were very few people around apart from one occupied table and 2 bar staff. At 7am next morning I went back when I realised it had gone, and it was no where to be found and it was not handed in as lost property until we left the ship so i can only deduce that it was stolen. So a word of advice , dont be as trusting as i was and make sure you keep everything on you at all times.By the way, P&O couldn't have cared less either , a word of sympathy wouldnt have gone amiss as i was very upset.:(

My wife and I once found a good camera (better than ours) outside what we would call a tourist gift shop which did not sell cameras, but it was opposite the shuttle bus stop, we went straight to the pursers office to hand it in and asked the clerk if not claimed would we get it back the reply was NO it now belongs to Cunard, to which I replied it was not found in the ship, anyway she went thro the pictures and recognized people and it was returned to the owner, who later came to our cabin to thank us, he said it was not the value of the camera but the pictures it held. I am sure this would also apply to you, please do not blame the ship, not all passengers are honest people, a passenger told me she left a laptop against her chair in a bar on ship, went back, gone, sadly not all passengers are honest and this is something we must always remember.

Edited by luckymal

I wonder what would happen if you put a request in to view the cctv under the data protection act. Someone hit my car in a petrol station, I was told the cctv did not cover the forecourt. I felt I was being fobbed off so requested it under the act. A week later I got a disk of the man hitting my car. P&o is a uk company so surely the act applies to them.

I wonder what would happen if you put a request in to view the cctv under the data protection act. Someone hit my car in a petrol station, I was told the cctv did not cover the forecourt. I felt I was being fobbed off so requested it under the act. A week later I got a disk of the man hitting my car. P&o is a uk company so surely the act applies to them.

As they hold registry in Bermuda I dont think you would get far asking for UK legislation to provide CCTV footage especially in International waters, though it maybe worth a shot.

But what would you see? Probably a few hours of grainy footage from the bar, if a staff member took it, would they be identifiable? Even if it shows them taking it from the table, they could say it was then put behind the bar in case someone returned for it, before a cleaner took it to reception, could you really follow the whole journey on CCTV?

If it was a passenger then you have little to no chance even with clear CCTV.