Regal specialty dining

xtrail

First of all, you'll love the ship.

If you know which day(s) you are wanting to dine at those venues, it is best to do so right away after boarding the ship and you can do so from your cabin by dialing the number shown on the phone. Waiting might result in not getting the day or time you want.

First of all, you'll love the ship.

If you know which day(s) you are wanting to dine at those venues, it is best to do so right away after boarding the ship and you can do so from your cabin by dialing the number shown on the phone. Waiting might result in not getting the day or time you want.

I absolutely concur with what Grego said. We were just on the Regal and had a wonderful time. We had cocktails each night at the Wheelhouse, which is connected to the Crown Grill, and we heard the Head Waiter apologizing every night to people who tried to make reservations after the first day because he could not accommodate them (especially at "prime times", from 5:30 - 8:00).

In addition, it is helpful to note that the specialty restaurants book up especially quickly for Formal Nights, as Princess no longer requires formal dress in these venues on Formal Nights, and there seems to be an ever increasing number of people who prefer to forgo formal attire on Formal Nights (ourselves included, of late).

If you are looking to dine at the Crown Grill or Sabatini's on a night other than Formal Night, you will likely find more options available.

Formal Nights on the Regal's current itinerary are Tuesday and Friday (i.e., first and second sea days.)

Hope that helps. Have fun, and if you visit the Wheelhouse bar, please give our regards to Ariel and Dershan: two wonderful bartenders. :)

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

A lot of people end up no-showing or late cancelling, especially on later port days, so if you can't get what you want initially its usually worth checking back...

This is, unfortunately, true, and a good suggestion. We have seen the empty restaurants on prior cruises. But, last week both restaurants were pretty full all night long, every night - much to our surprise, to be honest.

They start taking reservations at noon on the first day of the cruise. I called at 12:15 and they didn't have any thing left until 9 or 9:30! Had to pass this time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We called about the same time when we boarded and were able to get our preferred reservations at both restaurants: 8:00 pm on the 2 formal nights.

Never hurts to give it a shot, and/or to keep checking back.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

How much does the Crown Grill or Sabatini's charge for a no show, or late cancellation?

They don't charge for a no show or late cancellation. Perhaps if they did it would be easier for people to get reservations after the first day. I think many people book and then just don't go.

yes, do call the first day to make your reservations. We were on Board by 1:30 and called immediately. We were able to get reservations for the Crown Grill but limited times were available even then. I've noticed that Sabatinis and Crown Grill have been very busy every night that I've gone by so if you know when you want to go book early. formal nights are Tuesday and Friday and I wouldn't want to miss either of those nights in the MDR as the food has been absolutely fantastic especially the 50th anniversary dinner menu for the first formal night on Tuesday. We've had a great cruise--maybe our best ever as far as the food and entertainment.

yes, do call the first day to make your reservations. We were on Board by 1:30 and called immediately. We were able to get reservations for the Crown Grill but limited times were available even then. I've noticed that Sabatinis and Crown Grill have been very busy every night that I've gone by so if you know when you want to go book early. formal nights are Tuesday and Friday and I wouldn't want to miss either of those nights in the MDR as the food has been absolutely fantastic especially the 50th anniversary dinner menu for the first formal night on Tuesday. We've had a great cruise--maybe our best ever as far as the food and entertainment.

Which night would you say had the weakest menu in the MDR? I want to go to Crown Grill one night. Was planning on checking the MDR menu early in the morning. If the menu for that day was not that great I figured I could make a reservation for that day. Sounds like that plan won't work. Better to make reservations when we board. What night is best?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi - we were on the Regal last week (seems like a lifetime ago) and were unable to get a reservation for Sabatini's through the Dine Line. We wanted to dine there to celebrate my DH's retirement.

So one evening after changing into our Smart/Resort Casual attire, we stopped by the restaurant and asked the maître d' if they were able to seat walk-ins. (I think the time was about 6:30 pm and it was not a Formal Night.) We showed the little "celebration" card that had been left in our stateroom, were immediately seated and had a lovely dinner.

May not work for everyone, but this was our experience and it was very positive. Never hurts to ask in person.:)