January weather in Ensenada Mexico

kristine25

Looking at a weekend cruise from Long Beach California to Ensenada Mexico the weekend of January 15th. Anyone been there that time of year? Wondering what the weather is like.

That's the weekend we normally take our group cruise to Ensenada-- and the weather has been everything from cool and rainy to sunny and 95.. You just NEVER KNOW... I start looking 10 days out at the weather to see if I should pack any different. I normally just take a sweatshirt and a windbreaker and then pack as if I was at home (I live in Southern California).

I've done this itinerary more than once during Jan. On land it is about So Cal weather, low to mid 60's with cloudy with chance of rain. But out at sea be prepared to be cooler.

We were at sea one day and my son was playing in the water slide. He was having so much fun he didn't realize he was cold until I noticed his lips were turning blue! He wasn't happy that I made him warm up.

I have come home with a January sun tan in the past. Just check the weather report so you know if you need to pack a jacket and umbrella. I've never had bad weather and have been there many times Nov.-Feb. Chilly and windy yes, rain no.

I think you have some excellent answers already, but I had another thought. If you are considering a shore excursion to Valle de Guadalupe, the Baja wine country, it will generally be warmer and dryer than in Ensenada proper. That's IF the weather in Ensenada is not it's normal sunny self.

But over in the valley, it is generally nice and warm, and a nice shore excursion if you like wines. ;)

That's the weekend we normally take our group cruise to Ensenada-- and the weather has been everything from cool and rainy to sunny and 95.. You just NEVER KNOW... I start looking 10 days out at the weather to see if I should pack any different. I normally just take a sweatshirt and a windbreaker and then pack as if I was at home (I live in Southern California).

Agreed!!! We cruise every January and living in SoCal, have done the Mexico itinerary many times. Poster is right. You just never know. I will say, we've never had rain.

We were down there last January (2014) on a return from a Hawaiian cruise. IIRC, it was cold! I'm thankful that I packed sweat shirts and sweat pants to keep warm. Ensenada is the closest port to San Diego, and In January you aren't going to have hot weather.