What to do? - docked 4pm - 11pm

kasil

I had planned to walk around Old San Juan and see the forts on our own. I didn't notice that we don't dock until 4pm. If we are off the ship by 4:30, can we see one of the forts on our own without being rushed? The web site says that they close at 6pm. What would you do after that? We are a family of 4 - Mom and Dad, DD - 21 and DS - 18. We'll be on Independence of the Seas in June 2015. Thanks for the help.

I had planned to walk around Old San Juan and see the forts on our own. I didn't notice that we don't dock until 4pm. If we are off the ship by 4:30, can we see one of the forts on our own without being rushed? The web site says that they close at 6pm. What would you do after that? We are a family of 4 - Mom and Dad, DD - 21 and DS - 18. We'll be on Independence of the Seas in June 2015. Thanks for the help.

Bumping this thread!

We are in a similar situation-- arriving at 3:30 and leaving at 10. Very few ship excursions available because of the time frame. Do they make you leave the forts at 6 pm?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You are minutes from San Cristobal when you dock at the Pier in Old san Juan. 1 hour to go in and see it is enough. From there you can walk around the wall to El Morro fort. Really a nice view, I got there at around the same time and got a sunset!

Lucky you sailing at 11 pm! Do I have a great idea for you.

http://biobaypuertorico.com/bioluminescent-bay-tours-fajardo/

Let others on your ship know and I'll bet you will manage to get a group, thus private transportation. I probably won't be checking back here, but if you have questions on my experience with this trip, email me at camerondoreen@gmail.com

We did a walking tour with Legends of Puerto Rico. It was from 6 until 8. It was very interesting to learn the history of the town and the various buildings, and see the town all lit up.

I would go to San Cristobel right away, for sure and do that on your own before it closes. Then, if you did decide to book the tour, it is not far away from the meeting place.

http://www.***********.com/