why would you go on the dream class ?

cblzaccie

+1 to this. Kind of awkward to be walking around down there in swimsuits, but worth it.

The Lanai on the Dream class is one of the best and most innovative features on Carnival ships to the point where other lines' new builds have similar outdoor promenades. It's rarely crowded has plenty of hot tubs for relaxing, and one side is always guaranteed to be in the shade.

I have been on all 3 Dream class ships, and it is definitely my favorite class of ship. My favorite of the 3 ships is easily the Dream, the one that has the least of the "things" that tend to get mentioned. More things doesn't necessarily mean a better ship, and it doesn't necessarily mean a less crowded ship. All 3 Dream class ships were not crowded at all, and the lines for food were always very short, much shorter than on Conquest class ships and even shorter than on the tiny ships that I've been on.

I love Dream's deck 5 lanai (although that's not such a good thing for the balconies above it that have to look down on the lanai). The Dream itself has amazing shows in the theater, and great entertainment throughout the ship. The Breeze is quite pathetic with their shows & entertainment, while the Magic is good. All 3 ships have plenty of food options. Even though Magic & Dream don't have the branded burger & burrito places, they still have the grill (serving burgers & plenty of other things) and a burrito bar. So just because another ship has a branded place with a label of 2.0 or 5.0 or whatever number they're up to now, that doesn't mean that a ship without that branded spot doesn't still have those items. A ship without the branded candy store will still have a candy store. Before the brand-named comedy club came around, there was still a comedy club. So don't be fooled by the brand names or the numbers. A ship without those things can still have those things & can still be a great ship.

One other note about the Sunshine: there is no lanai BBQ, and there is no therapy pool in the Cloud 9 Spa. So there is no ship that has everything. You just have to look for what interests you the most and go with a ship that has the most of what YOU want. Ignore the numbers and the brand names, just look for what you want. I want good shows in the theater with live music, plenty of other entertainment throughout the ship, a great waterpark, and flashy decor. The Dream is absolute perfection for me. Breeze & Sunshine are lacking in these areas, except for the waterpark.

Edited by k2excursion

So I just got off the Carnival Sunshine and I was checking out the next cruise, I looked at the Dream class of ships ( bigger) but when i checked the features they seemed to have LESS than the sunshine which is a smaller class ( destiny class??) BUT a lot more cabins. so this says many more people all trying to do the same stuff on board as on the smaller class = longer lines .

Am i missing something here please let me know

The Sunshine was the ONLY ship that got ALL the 2.0 upgrades. The only other ship that is alleged to get them is the Vista.