Back at Sea Again ~ Liberty of The Seas 4 Day Western Caribbean ~ Photo Review

mpoole3

Hahaha, I did that once before, after sitting on an upper deck away from the pool and having noticed two empty chairs for almost two hours. My husband I then decided to go down, and remove the items. Nicely placed them down on the floor and occupied the chairs. Would you believe....another TWO HOURS later, a gentleman comes by and states that this was his chair. I kindly informed him that I had been occupying the chairs for two hours now! Well that was the end of that. He gathered his belongings and left! LOL!! BTW, boarding the Liberty in two more days! Woohooo!

So sorry to leave everyone hanging for days. I had a wild run at black friday at work and did do much more than work and sleep.

Once we got back onboard I started showering up for the evening, but I'm not going to lie.. I was getting a bit tired.

I went down to the coffee shop and order two shots of expresso with my ultimate drink package.

Edited by mpoole3

Tonight was my first night back into the dinning room after the nightmare night 1.

Once we were sitting the head waiter quickly approached the table and said thank you for giving him another change tonight. He also presented us with a bottle of red wine and said, "it's on me"

I thought this was extremely kind and once again above an beyond!

IMG_5569_zps78b7a1f1.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

We didn't stick around for desert, but decided to make a quick pit stop for some late night ice cream. I noticed this shop was almost always empty during the cruise. The prices were not bad ($2-$3) but when free else where I understand why.

We did attend the late night pool deck party, but this was one event I didn't take my camera to. They started the party at the main pool with the typical midnight buffet. However, they moved the party into the solarium for late night dancing, which I might add was quite fun! Something about being under that stars until 2AM...

IMG_5602_zpse3953d63.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

WOW these cruises go by SO fast! I must say I was grateful for the extra day, as I've been used to the 3 day weekend cruises.

Today was a sea day, which I took full advantage of, like the other 3,000 passengers.

IMG_5590_zps8b31c7ca.jpg

I must add I had a missed call from the front desk to let me know they were going to issue me a 15% certificate of what I paid for my delayed luggage and dinner due to day 1. Once again this was not required but one more reason I'll never cruise with anyone else again.

Talk about RoyalWOW!

Edited by mpoole3

I suppose day 4 would be a good time to talk about the group of 1200+ on our cruise ship. They were called Team National, and all won a free cruise, which happened to be my sailing. They were all very friendly but trying to sell you the value of their pyramid scheme.

IMG_5582_zpsb4784c5c.jpg

This was also my only time in the Diamond Lounge during the cruise. Since I was taking a first timer, I just didn't feel like going since she could not join me.

I noticed two things, they have great outdoor seating connected to the diamond lounge and it looks very out of date. Like I said in the intro I've been cruising Enchantment recently, but their decor is very modern looking compared to this.

I also those this lounge was small? Has anyone been in here during the evenings and can report if it's packed?

I was on the two cruises after you. I went to the Diamond Lounge around 6:00 each evening. The first cruise it filled up, but didn't overflow. The second cruise, practically empty. Oana, the concierge, did tell me it was packed from 5:00 to 6:00. We actually had less than 200 Diamond and Diamond plus on each cruise.

Tonight was the last evening on the Liberty. It's always a little sad when cruises are coming to an end.

I went down to the pub to catch up on writing my review while Courtney was getting ready for dinner.

Has anyone ever noticed that Navigator is the only ship with Tall Pub tables, with tall bar stools outside their pub? I really love them, but understand why they didn't use them because it's limits the seating.

One thing I'll mention at the pub, they NEVER served you a drink sitting outside. Three times I went and just sat for 5-7mins and no more service, so I'd go inside and get my own. Not a big deal, but I'd have to get my camera and ipad with me just to get a beer.

IMG_5604_zps04a54178.jpg

IMG_5603_zpsbe35b86b.jpg

My view at the pub!

IMG_5606_zpsdf279305.jpg

IMG_5607_zps3cad245d.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

That's me working on this review. Gotta love that sunglasses tan.

So funny story...

Seems like we had more bottles of champagne then we knew what to do with, between one from Royal, TA, and Drink Package.

I'm sitting at the pub by myself and a guy walks up and ask if I drink Champagne and I thought... DO I! He said, he didn't want his free bottle and just handed it to me, seen in the picture. This is the special holiday bottle you get with the bubbles holiday package.

We already had a bottle in the dinning room I took down there before my trip to the pub, so now we had two! I find the best way to make friends is offer them a glass of Champagne, so that's what we did!

IMG_5612_zps1f560ff8.jpg

IMG_5611_zpsb027043f.jpg

That pretty much sums up my Liberty Cruise...

To recap: It was a great 4 day cruise to Mexico. The weather was less than par, but who can control that. The service across the ship was below expectation, maybe I'm just used to the smaller ships where they call you by your first name. Would I cruise on Liberty again, yes - but only if it was a steal.

Look forward for my next Enchantment review! I leave THIS Friday!

IMG_5382_zps171c7218.jpg

Hi Michael, Did you happen to save your compasses? I would love to see them if you kept them and are willing to post. Thanks!

I'm sorry I didn't save them. To be honest, I don't even look at them anymore.

I hope you have a great cruise! She is one beautiful ship!

Michael- I can't believe you aren't going on the Brilliance in January. Was looking forward to seeing you again. Next time! :D

Can't wait for your next review. They always give a good picture of what is going on.

Michael- I can't believe you aren't going on the Brilliance in January. Was looking forward to seeing you again. Next time! :D

Can't wait for your next review. They always give a good picture of what is going on.

I could always rebook it! I just don't love that ship, like I do Enchantment.

I will keep my eye on the prices, and I'm going to do a January cruise, just not sure which one yet.

I'm going on Enchantment Friday, are you by chanced booked?!

Hey Michael, great review. I'm just a little concerned about the Liberty on NYE. We booked the Enchantment first but then we switched over to the Liberty. Oh well.

Enjoy your cruise on the Enchantment.

we just got back from liberty yesterday and it was wonderful

I could always rebook it! I just don't love that ship, like I do Enchantment.

I will keep my eye on the prices, and I'm going to do a January cruise, just not sure which one yet.

I'm going on Enchantment Friday, are you by chanced booked?!

No, we are on the Brilliance on the 11th. We love the Enchantment as much as you do. But we live in Tampa so it's really hard for us to make that drive when the ships are practically in our backyard.

We were also on this cruise! We booked at the absolute last minute and had no plans whatsoever. When we were sitting at the port waiting to board, my husband noticed the Team National shirts on... well, basically everybody. He googled it and we were worried they would spend the whole trip trying to sell to us, but nobody did. In fact, on more than one occasion we spent a good amount of time with someone only to see them in a Team National shirt later in the cruise. I was grateful, but a little surprised.

The wait to board only bothered me because I was STARVING. Everything I ate in the Windjammer that day was about 3 times better than it would be later in the week. :)

We didn't book anything in Cozumel because of our very late decision to cruise and ended up walking around the shops instead. Looking at your pictures, I know where I'm going next time.

Wow for such a young guy you sure do come off as spoiled and entitled.

You had a bad day because you had to wait a whole hour to board and your luggage didn't get there soon enough for you?? Seriously, get a grip.

Hi Allie, under your public profile it states the following: "allie3490 has not made any friends yet"... I wonder why.:p

dp