Thrill Seekers Pass

momwiththreeboys

We are cruising into Montego Bay in December and interested to know if anyone has done the Thrill Seekers Pass excursion offered by RCI. I have three boys between the ages of 11 and 16. Just sounds like there is so much in one excursion that I am worried that you don't get to do enough of each activity. Anyone know from experience??? Thanks so much!

We are cruising into Montego Bay in December and interested to know if anyone has done the Thrill Seekers Pass excursion offered by RCI. I have three boys between the ages of 11 and 16. Just sounds like there is so much in one excursion that I am worried that you don't get to do enough of each activity. Anyone know from experience??? Thanks so much!

I am also curious. We are cruising into Ochos Rios, and wondering how much time is spent on each of these activities, to make it worth while.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it must be relatively new because I've had no luck getting feedback here or on other travel sites. We have more or less decided against booking it as I don't want to feel rushed to get everything in, but yet would still want to do it all, as its not exactly a cheap day!

I'm still on the fence - there's a lot to do, all in one location, and it's very close to Falmouth, so convenient. We wouldn't do the ultimate since we have a 12 year old. Chukka's website says the ultimate is for 12 & up - and you ride the dune buggy instead of ATVs - but RCI's website says 16 & up, no mention of dune buggy option. One new review was posted this month on rci and it is NOT good. But the previous review was glowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

I've narrowed it to thrill seeker or mystic mountain tour for our March 14 oasis sailing. I've all but decided on mystic mountain (aerial ride, bobsled, zipline) because I can't find decent reviews of the good hope estate. There are some on trip advisor, but they're all over the place from fantastic to terrible.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Considering this for our cruise in February. Would love to hear more.

I'll have to make this quick and can answer any questions you may still have later.

We had half of a group that had the Ultimate Thrill Seekers Pass and half that just had the Thrill Seekers Pass. We had to ride separate buses on the way there, but when we arrived we just told them we would like to spend the day together and from that point we stayed together.

When we arrived we immediately signed up for ziplining. It was 4 runs that went over the park, a river, some buildings being built (very neat buildings). The equipment felt very safe and the guides were fun and were friends by the end of the day.

You can only sign up for one activity at a time, but that was never an issue for us. I think most activity happened every hour.

The next thing we did was eat lunch. Those with the Ultimate were served a buffet with jerk chicken, beans with rice, plantains, fried bread and some other stuff. Those without the ultimate were made a special plate because we were vegetarian, but we could have ordered the same thing the rest of the group had at the buffet, at a la carte pricing.

Then then the people with the Ultimate went on the 45 minute ATV ride around the park. The rest of us went to the Bird aviary, Complimentary Rum tasting, and lounged by the pool.

When they returned we all went down the river on tubes. You could do this and never get wet. They were more like donut boats than tubes lol. I'll have to expand later, sorry!

Considering this for our cruise in February. Would love to hear more.

The tubes were all tied together with a guide on each end so they could "snake" us down the river. It took about an hour and we all considered it a highlight of the trip.

There was an obstacle course, horse carriage rides and a tour of the historic Good Hope Estate as well, but we opted to go shopping back at the pier.

We all had a great time here and would recommend it! Let me know if you have any questions you would like answered.

How long do we get at the park to try and do everything? I see nothing listed on RCI's site about times.

We were at the meet-up place at 8:15, then I would say a 20 min. bus ride to the Good Hope Estate. We left at 1:30, but we wanted to do some shopping, so I would say about 5 hours spent on activities.