Sites not to be missed for history nerds?

luv2float4ever

I am cruising to St. kitts in February and putting together a custom tour with Buelah Mills. I am planning to visit Brimstone, Romney Manor, bloody point, and the Amazing Grace Experience. Are there any other sites a history and culture nerd must see before leaving the island?

I am cruising to St. kitts in February and putting together a custom tour with Buelah Mills. I am planning to visit Brimstone, Romney Manor, bloody point, and the Amazing Grace Experience. Are there any other sites a history and culture nerd must see before leaving the island?

There's the clock tower in town, that's a 2 minute stop, somewhere near Romney our guide showed us some painted rocks that are supposed to be petroglyphs (spelled wrong I know) I somehow doubt they are real, but I would love to be wrong. We really enjoy ending our tour by completing the drive around the island to see the Atlantic side. That's not really history, but it's pretty and all that.

I would spend a little time in Basseterre founded by the French in 1627. The old treasury building, now the National Museum, the Circus with the Berkeley Memorial(clock), the Co-Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, St George's Anglican Church and the public market on the Bay Road. The graves of Sir Thomas Warner and Samuel Jefferson in Middle Island on the way to Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park. There are many more places for the history buff.