Embarking in Fremantle

We are booked on the Diamond Princess, due to leave Fremantle this Friday. It is posted on our travel documents that check in starts at 5.30pm. Seems like such a long day to wait to board. Is there any chance we can get on earlier? Will there be Immigration officers there to process us?

The ship comes in early in the morning. Haven't found out why departure has been delayed till 9.30pm. Any thoughts?

I don't know why there is a delay in the boarding process, but I know there is a cocktail function on board the ship for a bunch of TA's, which finishes at about 8-8:30ish. Princess are celebrating the launch of their new itineraries and their 50th Anniversary. I was meant to go but will be recovering from minor surgery.

Edited by Royalty X

We are booked on the Diamond Princess, due to leave Fremantle this Friday. It is posted on our travel documents that check in starts at 5.30pm. Seems like such a long day to wait to board. Is there any chance we can get on earlier? Will there be Immigration officers there to process us?

The ship comes in early in the morning. Haven't found out why departure has been delayed till 9.30pm. Any thoughts?

Here is a clip from the Ships arrival at Fremantle for the Diamond Princess:

20131794 DIAMOND PRINCESS PASSENGER SHIP Arrival Planned 28/11/2014 05:15 SEA F Passenger Terminal

I would be tempted to go early - around 11.00 am and try and get your luggage checked in at least - and ask then. It's only a suggestion of course - but I would do that. At least if they will take your luggage off you - and not let you board until later - you can go for a coffee somewhere and come back.

If as Royalty X has stated - there is some function - that shouldn't impact on passenger boardings - as it will take longer to get all pax on board - than it will to get TA'S on and off for a function. Pax win every time - they're paying :D

Edited by dizzy1948