OBC problem with TA

zjenny

Hi all,

This is my first time cruise.

I was looking for a balcony stateroom with RCI cruise and got a quote from TA said she would provide $300 OBC: $100 from agency and $200 from RCI. She also provided a link that I can book online by myself, and I did it. But when I got the confirmation email, only $100 from agency is mentioned. I contacted the TA and she said because I booked a different category, in the quote it was category X but I booked category D2. Even they are all balcony, only category X would get the $200 OBC from cruise line.So I will only get $100 OBC in total.:(:eek:

But I checked on the RCI website, and through the link of this 'VoW to WOW sale', you can book any category(D1/2/3), it doesn't mention only category X offers $200 OBC. Also from *************, there are some other agents providing me category D2 with $200 OBC.

I am trying to contact the TA but no reply now. I just booked it this morning, is there any way that I can save this $200? Can I cancel it or change it to category X?

Thanks!

If you're going to get a $200 OBC from RC, I'd cancel the cruise with this TA and book direct with RC. The price of the cruise is going to be the same because TAs can't discount the cruise fare. I have little to no confidence in on line TA's honoring their promises and always book direct.

It sounds like you got some incorrect TA advice. Category X is a balcony guarantee, you do not get to pick your own cabin. It is a lower price but you roll the dice and take what is assigned. The problem is cancelling and rebooking may cause a problem with the promotions. Since you booked your own cabin maybe RCI will talk to you, they cannot if you book through a TA. It can't hurt to call them and ask. Good luck.

If you're going to get a $200 OBC from RC, I'd cancel the cruise with this TA and book direct with RC. The price of the cruise is going to be the same because TAs can't discount the cruise fare. I have little to no confidence in on line TA's honoring their promises and always book direct.

The OP did not say it was an online TA. I have a great relationship with my online TA and have gotten some great perks through them. I am sorry you had a bad experience with an online TA that caused you to have no confidence in them, but there are some great ones out there.

Yes, the price is same. The agent provided me $100 OBC more so that I booked through her. But now it seems not working that way. :( The cruise is just around the conner. I am not sure whether I can cancel it. I will try to contact her tomorrow to see what's going on.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will be more careful next time.:o

It sounds like you got some incorrect TA advice. Category X is a balcony guarantee, you do not get to pick your own cabin. It is a lower price but you roll the dice and take what is assigned. The problem is cancelling and rebooking may cause a problem with the promotions. Since you booked your own cabin maybe RCI will talk to you, they cannot if you book through a TA. It can't hurt to call them and ask. Good luck.

Thanks for your suggestion. I just called RCI but they ask me to check with TA who provides me the quote. But there is some good news. The RCI representative said the sale is on all the balcony, no dependence of categories. I will email my TA about that. Hope it can be solved tomorrow.

TA told me she cannot change the category from D2 to X to get WOW offer. And RCI won't offer me 200OBC because I booked my stateroom with another Going going gone deal, which cannot be combined with any other promotion. But I didn't do this and actually going going gone doesn't include my cruise line.

The cruise will be on this December, so I am not sure whether I can get fully paid if I cancel it by myself. I just saved all the information relate and keep arguing with TA. I will dispute my credit card if it cannot be solved.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate.

TA told me she cannot change the category from D2 to X to get WOW offer. And RCI won't offer me 200OBC because I booked my stateroom with another Going going gone deal, which cannot be combined with any other promotion. But I didn't do this and actually going going gone doesn't include my cruise line.

The cruise will be on this December, so I am not sure whether I can get fully paid if I cancel it by myself. I just saved all the information relate and keep arguing with TA. I will dispute my credit card if it cannot be solved.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate.

You are past final payment date, so there will be a penalty if you cancel. Depending on the length of your cruise and your sailing date, it could be up to 100% of the cruise fare.