Back from Breakaway, with pictures!!

Heni1805

Hello everyone,

we are back in Germany since Monday morning after a great cruise on Norwegian Breakaway. It was a pleasure to meet a lot of people from CC on board, I had a lot of fun at our M&G and the cabin crawl! Chris, thank you very much for organising everything!

Before our cruise I read a lot of reviews and the Q&A threads here and really liked them, therefore I wanted to post my thoughts on Breakaway, too. You also can ask me any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them if I can.

First of all I had a lot of mixed feelings about Norwegian and the Breakaway after I read the reviews. It was our first cruise with NCL and I was surprised in a good way! I absolutely loved the ship!!

A cruise is always about food... :D So let's talk about food and the restaurants first.

Overall the food and the restaurants were good, way better than expected. Food in main dining rooms was in our opinion good value for the money you pay for the cruise. Always quick service und warm food.

We tried La Cucina, Cagneys and the Tepanyaki. All restaurants were really good with great service! My favorite is definetly Cagneys, because I just love a good steak! And those steaks were fantastic :-) Food at O'Sheehans was also very good for Pub standards!

There was only one real negative thing about the restaurants. We thought that they all were really noisy. Therefore it was sometimes hard to talk to the people at your table. Especially loud and busy was in my opinion the Garden Café. We went there 3-4 times for breakfast and it was always packed und very loud. We had this experience on the first morning, therefore we never went there for lunch or dinner.

Let's talk about the cabins

We originally booked an balcony guarantee, but did an upgrade for 20€ each in total to a mini-suite guarantee. We were assigned cabin 13824 a MA mini-suite I think. The layout of the cabin was good, really liked the design of the cabin and absolutely loved the bathroom! Like almost all other cruisers said before, the balconies are tiny! In the cabin we also found our second and last negative thing about Norwegian Breakaway. The cabin was very poorly soundproofed. Maybe this was also due to our neighbors on one side, a family with two young kids. One of the kids was starting to cry and scream very loud every single morning at around 07:30... Even though I am a very heavy sleeper this kid woke me up every morning! Otherwise we really liked the cabins! The sister of my girlfriend had a Studio and liked it as well. She said it was perfect for solo-travellers!

Let's talk about entertainment and activities!

This was my 13th cruise and I never experienced such a variety and high quality of entertainment! We went to see Burn the Floor, Rock of Ages & Howl at the Moon and enjoyed every single minute! Absolutely fantastic!

Same for the big variety of activities! Tried all slides, the ropes course and mini-golf! The slides and the ropes course are awesome! Joon, thanks again for taking the pictures of us doing the ropes course! :)

Finally, let's talk about the service!

The service overall was great! Sure you sometimes had a waiter who was not in the best mood, but everybody can have a bad day. But even if this happened the service was still good and quick. But most of the crew members were always very very friendly, happy and treated you more than well! Our cabin steward Jose was fantastic! He did a great job on our cabin and made the best towel animals we have seen so far on a cruise. :-)

In summary we had a fantastic cruise on board Norwegian Breakaway and would not hesitate to go on board again! :D

I uploaded more pictures to my website! Don't be surprised the text and the website is in German, but you'll find more pictures of the ship at the buttom of the site! ;)

You find the pictures here

Please feel free to ask any questions!

Cheers from Germany!

Hendrik

Norwegian_Breakaway_Handtuch_Tierchen.jpg.7e209dd3ce5f91d645e06fe143ed8f09.jpg

RopesCourse.jpg.7bea313895e3419d615a7d9015dace2d.jpg

Sunset.jpg.d0ae00a431456d0885d3ba75f5f80bc0.jpg

Slides.jpg.4050e259e20a04ed43017299bc47977a.jpg

Norwegian_Breakaway_Mini_Suite_3.jpg.2f0b8f57a597d2c39913c7204b2c9864.jpg

Edited by Heni1805

Great pictures.

I have a question about one of your pictures. You have a pictures of the big screen in Spice H2O. The picture right after it shows a wading type pool with a waterfall type feature. Is that also in Spice H2O?

Yes that is also at H2O. Pretty much right there from where I took the picture of the big screen.

I am glad you like the pictures. :o

Cheers from Germany

Edited by Heni1805

Loved your review, I was on the Breakaway a year ago and glad to hear it is still great. We will be back on it in January.

I have to say for me at least it is not about the food anymore. I just got off the Getaway. I am in the middle of a life changing medically supervised weight loss program. I am down 40 pounds. I knew taking a cruise was a big risk to my weight loss program but is was our 38 wedding anniversary and my wife wanted to go need I say more. I knew it would be hard not to gain weight. I walked at least 2 miles a day on or off the ship, had a protein shake for breakfast, salad for lunch and snack and ate in the dinning rooms for dinner.

I weighed in on Monday after the cruise and lost .9 of a pound. I was thrilled. My weight loss manager was upset because I didn't follow the plan but I usually gain lots of weight on a cruise. So to all of you out there you can go on a cruise and have a great time and not gain weight.

Thanks for the nice review. Your photographs are beautiful!

Breakaway is our favorite ship so far :)

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

2014 July Breakaway

Loved your review, I was on the Breakaway a year ago and glad to hear it is still great. We will be back on it in January.

Thank you all. I am very happy that you like my short review and the pictures. :-)

grovesteve, all my respect for you. Keep it up! Stay strong. I should do this, too.

Great review, and your pictures were fantastic... looks like you had the ship to your self! I have 5 more weeks to go! for our 12 days on the Breakaway! can't wait for that steak and shrimp at Cagney's!

I took most of the interior pictures early in the morning on the first day on sea. I think most people were still sleeping :-) But nevertheless we never felt the big crowd of 4000 passengers. Only on the first day still in New York where everyboday explored the ship.

Great pictures.

I have a question about one of your pictures. You have a pictures of the big screen in Spice H2O. The picture right after it shows a wading type pool with a waterfall type feature. Is that also in Spice H2O?

Yes that is also at H2O. Pretty much right there from where I took the picture of the big screen.

I am glad you like the pictures. :o

Cheers from Germany

How deep is this pool? Is it a full depth pool, or just wading depth for cooling off?

Thank you for the fantastic pictures.

Thanks, it is nice to hear that you like the pictures!

How deep is this pool? Is it a full depth pool, or just wading depth for cooling off?

It is just deep enough to cool off your feet. :-)

Great pictures, thank you. Looks like you had a great time. Can you tell me where picture #20 is taken? Seems to be a cool looking bar!

Hi! Thank you for your nice words!

Picture 20 is the night club "Bliss Ultra Lounge".

@all:

Stay tuned, I will upload more pictures to the site this week and will post a new link. ;)

Edited by Heni1805

Great pics! I leave this Sunday!!!

Can you tell me which night the fireworks were?

Thanks so much!

Originally they were scheduled for wednesday night after Great Stirrup Cay at 08:30pm I think. Great Stirrup Cay was canceled on our trip, therefore we docked wednesday night in Nassau already. In the end the fireworks were friday night after the first day on sea on the way back to NYC.

Originally they were scheduled for wednesday night after Great Stirrup Cay at 08:30pm I think. Great Stirrup Cay was canceled on our trip, therefore we docked wednesday night in Nassau already. In the end the fireworks were friday night after the first day on sea on the way back to NYC.

Thank you!