Getting to Caye Caulker question

osucruise

It looks pretty simple by turning left to Belize water taxi pier from the village where we tender too. Then take water taxi to Caye Caulker and back ($22.95 rt pp). Has anyone done this? We would rather be on our own time and not pay the extra money to be on ship excursions. We are there from 8:00-5:00 and any past experience going there or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I did that my first time in Belize 8 years ago and went home and packed my bags and moved here.

It is just as you stated. There are two water taxis. Both offer a discount for a round trip. Check the times and location of the return trip and use the other for a backup.

Golf cart taxis will be waiting for you, $5 per person. They may offer a "island tour" If no one has problems with walking you can walk the village.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this just back in April. The water taxi stand is literally right to your left around a little wall when you exit the port. We asked a worker at the port where to exit for the water taxi and he was very helpful.

The ride was about 40 minutes or so. A little choppy on the way there but we had a bigger boat on the way back and it was better. We had to young daughters with us and always felt safe and it was a lot of fun!

We just turned right off the dock and walked down to the split. Hang out there, girls played in the shallow water, and had some drinks at Lazy Lizard. We thought CC was gorgeous!

Depends on time changes, but we made the 9am taxi there and took the 1:30 taxi back I believe. Have fun I would go back to CC again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums