buffet at night on Oceana.

luckylynn13

Can you dine in buffet restaurant at nighttime or is it just for breakfast and lunch? Many thanks. Lynn.

Yes, open 6 to 9.30 i think. normally pretty quiet up there too. There will be various themed nights as well, e.g, Indian, Asian etc etc. British options still available on themed nights. I use it quite often :)

ps -ignore any comments you read about 'bun fights' or similar. the secret of a relaxing buffet experience is to avoid the crowds. Go to breakfast at 7am and you will probably find less than a dozen diners there ;)

Thanks for info. Theme nights sound good. Not too sure what clothes to take in January. Is it warm on board? Can you wear black trousers with a sparkly top on formal nights. Not a dress person really. If we can get another 16 people to join us on this roll call we can have a mix and mingle party on board. Come on you guys. Lynn.

Thanks for info. Theme nights sound good. Not too sure what clothes to take in January. Is it warm on board? Can you wear black trousers with a sparkly top on formal nights. Not a dress person really. If we can get another 16 people to join us on this roll call we can have a mix and mingle party on board. Come on you guys. Lynn.

Ignore last bit. Seems P and O do not participate in this. Shame as had a great get together with Celebrity.

There will be various themed nights as well, e.g, Indian, Asian etc etc. British options still available on themed nights. I use it quite often :)

ps -ignore any comments you read about 'bun fights' or similar. ;)

I too enjoy the buffet on occasions. However the indian night requires a pre made booking, so if you like Indian food, just put your name down early.

Its nice, just have a nice table at the window, and enjoy the food.

I met a nice friend at the buffet, and if the truth be known, we shared many a table for dinenr after that. Oh and Breakfast and Lunch also.

Not to emntion room service on two occasions .

Oh I am getting all goosebumps thinking about it now.

Cant beat a holiday romance.....

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers

I too enjoy the buffet on occasions. However the indian night requires a pre made booking, so if you like Indian food, just put your name down early.

Its nice, just have a nice table at the window, and enjoy the food.

I met a nice friend at the buffet, and if the truth be known, we shared many a table for dinenr after that. Oh and Breakfast and Lunch also.

Not to emntion room service on two occasions .

Oh I am getting all goosebumps thinking about it now.

Cant beat a holiday romance.....

News to me. I have been on 11 P&O cruises and never had to book in the buffet for Indian night. :confused::confused::confused:

Ignore last bit. Seems P and O do not participate in this. Shame as had a great get together with Celebrity.

Who says you cannot have a meet and mingle? I have organised them on our last 15 to 20 cruises. P&O give us a place to meet and usually give us tea coffee and often cakes or pastries.

Just go on to the Roll Call section of this site and see if there is one for your cruise.

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ok. If we get enough people would you like to organise this?

You get me on your cruise and I will gladly to that for you. :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are on Oceana at the moment and have eaten at the Plaza buffet most evenings. We booked Freedom dining but only used the Ligurian restaurant for the first night and formal nights.

So far we have eaten Asian/Oriental; Indian; Spanish; Eastern Mediterranean and have really enjoyed them. There is no booking and they seem to be very popular.

We have never used a buffet in the evenings before but are enjoying the freedom to do so.

• 2 weeks later...