Returned on Carnival Glory for thanksgiving week.

trekincouple

Out of FLL, we rented a Budget mid size for $40 with specific drop of point in miami for shuttle P2, spent the night at a miami marriott with a breakfast for 4 people. This was the most convenient for us. Did all our shopping at Target and sports authority, great outdoor mall, 2 miles away. We were in our cabins by 12:30 with no priority checkins. Overall, the cruise was fun, but it was loaded with kids, probably because it was a thanksgiving cruise. We did all eating areas. I was disappointed that there were no dessert souffles all week. The good part is that we brought case of water champagne, red and white wine. We could have brought more, they never checked how many. My mom bought a case of beer from grand turk and brought it straight to the room. Wish we had done the same. The lager is the best. If the hallways get loud, you can close the automatic doors to seal from elevator and lounge music. Service was great. Balcony rooms have the door issue that wont sale so each night sealed with tape and it worked. Quality of food declined, less staff, this was my 13th cruise. Norwegian is better. Internet and cell service was available in st thomas and Puerto Rico. We had ocean suite room so we spent time in there to get away from chaos. Staff was very kind. Did the bus tours that transport back to FLL. No need for tours in any stop, easy to do on your own.

I'm not sure, but it seemed to be closer to the port. It was actually a Springfield Suites near a medical center. After 8am, breakfast got a little crazy, they have a bar serving Starbucks inside. Target, Marshalls, Sports Authority and Ricky's Bakery was about 2 miles away for any last minute shopping. Doing the post cruise excursion with a city bus tour to the airport was convenient, but it was utter chaos, the staff could not control the mob of people cutting in front of the ones that had been waiting a long time, lucky that we had a late flight. Next time we're renting a car from the port.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Forums mobile app

, Next time we're renting a car from the port.

Where can you rent a car at the port? We have transportation to port but need to rent a car for a late flight out of FLL.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Forums mobile app

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

From Budget, the location is P2F, it was $40 going there with a free shuttle to the port and $75 coming back. The excursion thru the ship was $50 each and we were rushed to make the 2 pm shuttle when we could have had more time exploring instead of waiting at the central station with our luggage. 2 pm is the latest available no matter how late your flight is. Last shuttle from their central station to MIA was 4:45. If you choose the car rental, I would confirm the shuttle will pick up from the port. I believe they also share the rental location with Avis.

Edited by ports2call

From Budget, the location is P2F, it was $40 going there with a free shuttle to the port and $75 coming back. The excursion thru the ship was $50 each and we were rushed to make the 2 pm shuttle when we could have had more time exploring instead of waiting at the central station with our luggage. 2 pm is the latest available no matter how late your flight is. Last shuttle from their central station to MIA was 4:45. If you choose the car rental, I would confirm the shuttle will pick up from the port. I believe they also share the rental location with Avis.

Thank you for all the information.