Did Spirit Divert?

buggins0402

I briefly considered booking the Spirit for the cruise it is currently doing. In wandering on another board it seemed an MSC ship doing a Canary/Morocco had to divert due to weather, so nosing around the cruisett website it appeared the Spirit also is doing a different itinerary - but I'm not really good at these things, so not sure. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by buggins0402

My wife and I are on this ship in February and looking at excursions at the moment. If we were to book an excursion for Casablanca and the ship is then diverted to another port can anyone advise what would happen to the trip we booked and the money we paid for it?

Many thanks.

John

My wife and I are on this ship in February and looking at excursions at the moment. If we were to book an excursion for Casablanca and the ship is then diverted to another port can anyone advise what would happen to the trip we booked and the money we paid for it?

Many thanks.

John

If an NCL exclusion, they rebook it for the new date.

Thanks for the advice.

We normally use local agents to book our excursions but doubt very much we would do that in Morocco so it is likely we will use NCL and just put up with the extra cost. At least that way we will have some security if last minute changes to itinerary or if we are late back to ship.

Regards.

John

I just returned from Jade. The Spirit was in Valencia with us on the day after we were both together in Barcelona. Capt Lars Bengtsson on the Jade said he had spoken with Vanja on Spirit said it was because there was some really bad weather in the Atlantic and that Spirit was not going to Madeira either.

I have sailed on Spirit two times in January and February and have never known a port be cancelled. They don't cancel these stops just for fun they were cancelled for a reason. I have been on Spirit entering Casablanca and wondered what the fuss was for. I have also entered Casablanca when the ship seemed to go over onto it's side. I would not want to be onboard entering Casablance in stormy weather for sure.

What happened on the first run of the season was a one off due to unplanned circumstances of bad weather. No one can control the weather so it can happen any time.

Edited by mypleasure