Uber to the port

reefisher

Has anybody used Uber to get to the port? Usually I just rent a car the day ahead and then drop it off when going to the cruise terminal. But some rental companies do not offer shuttle service to the terminal (San Diego). Apparently the Uber fare to the dock is roughly 1/3 that of a regular taxi.

reef

We've had friends use Uber in Seattle to the port, and I've used it to get from the San Francisco port to the airport with fantastic results: comfortable car, friendly driver and fare about 30 percent less than taxi fare.

If you are new to Uber you can get a free ride the first time you use it with a referral code from someone who already uses the service.

Has anybody used Uber to get to the port? Usually I just rent a car the day ahead and then drop it off when going to the cruise terminal. But some rental companies do not offer shuttle service to the terminal (San Diego). Apparently the Uber fare to the dock is roughly 1/3 that of a regular taxi.

reef

We used Uber from the airport to the embassy suites last year, then from the port to off site car rental in Chula Vista where rates were significantly lower for our 1 week rental and drop off at LAX. As travelinjones said both were free or close to it, a $25 credit you get with a new signup, one for wife, one for me.

This year we need to get from Alamo to the port and then post-cruise we are renting from Avis, just a couple blocks from the port, for day and will need to get to airport. We got an offer from Lyft, the Uber competitor, same deal new signup get $25, so that will cover both trips again.