Are cabins 1062-1066 on the Jewel more recent?

vivi9909

We will be staying soon in cabin 1064 on the Jewel. I noticed, by comparing the actual deck plan with an old one (2012), that the space of cabins 1062-1066 was previously occupied by an Owner's suite as it still is on the starboard side.

Am I right to presume that these three cabins are new and should be in better shape than others in the same category? New furniture? Flatscreen TV? Better shower?

Can you please comment if you recently occupied one of these staterooms?

I don't know what 2012 deck plan you were looking at, but 1062-66 have always been category D cabins on the Jewel, and they are on the port side. I am looking at a 2006 travel agent guide (with deck plans of all the ships at that time) and also at a current website showing deck plans. No change whatsoever in those 8 years as far as these cabins.

On the Brilliance and Radiance (the first 2 ships in this class), there are 3 owners suites in a row on the port side and those are their numbers. On the Serenade and Jewel there are only 2 OS and then a row of D cabins, with those numbers.

Hope this helps. In any case, these are all on the port side.

Thank you Emilygrace for your detailed answer.

I found the deck plan in a brochure from a TA; they probably used a Brilliance deck plan that showed three Owner's suite on the port side to illustrate cruises for the Jewel.

Anyway, I think that our stateroom 1064 (port side, of course) is in a great location (in spite of the overhang) and we are very anxious to be on board next month!