Zuiderdam Club HAL

jhakanson

I'vee seen a few posts in recent days from cruisers returning from the Zuiderdam who traveled with children. I would appreciate your feedback on the Club HAL program as we are sailing 9/03 with a 4 and 7 year old.

They enjoyed the programs on a prior Carnival cruise and I was curious to know of others' experiences on HAL> Thank you for your feedback.

We just returned from the Zuiderdam on Saturday with our two sons, ages 5 and 9. They had a great time and truly enjoyed going to Club Hal. They went primarily in the evening after dinner, from 8-10 and during sea days, they went to either the morning session, 9-12, or the afternoon session, 2-5, also going in the evening. They have different activities for them - games, crafts, a talent show for the parents (really cute). They had no complaints at all & looked forward to going each evening. Two of the nights we paid to have them stay until 11:00, which they were very excited about.

This was our first cruise with our children so I have nothing to compare it to, but I can honestly say that we had no issues whatsoever. Wish we were going again on 9/3....

Just got off that ship yesterday. Club Hal councilors are inexperienced, non receptive and unable to handle children. Our 8 year old and our 14, & 15 year old and many other children we met on the ship absolutely hated the Club Hal.

Michelle the program leader, lacks experience with kids and organizing programs. There was a very limited selection of things to do for the kids. Age groupings are not similar to other cruise lines. 8-12 years too big of a range 12 year olds bored 8 year olds do not always understand. Kids are left unsupervised which means that they get into trouble ( ie scavenger hunts) great idea but no supervising throughout the ship.

If you choose to use the program do so with caution and don't be too dependant on them to look after your children well. Chec on your children regularily as I would not trust the after our experience. Our children have cruised more than 30 cruises and they never want to be on another HAL ship or part of the Hal kid's program.

Good Luck

Forgot to tell you, that HAL unlike all of the other cruise lines will not take children under 5 years of age into their care. You will have to look after the younger one yourselves. How soon will your child be 5? Consider that when and if you use club Hal.

Good luck

Youngest will be 4 in October. We sail on saturday. I was assured by the booking agent as well as another HAL representative a couple weeks ago that the programs would include ages three and up by the time of our trip. I will keep you posted with our experiences. Thank you for your feedback. It will help us anticipate any problems that I am resigned to deal with with a smile and roll with the punches.

Archived