How late can you stay on the ship...

NeJaz

I have been reading these boards for some time now and have found all of you to be very helpful. So helpful in fact, that I have never had to post a question...BUT I have been searching and can not find the answer to this one.

We are a group of 28 going on the Mariner on October 23rd and would like to know what the is latest time that we can will be allowed off of the ship? Our flight is later in the afternoon so there is not need to rush. We'll just let the early birds get off first and follow them off later.

We also need to know because I am in the process of booking transfer vans o and from the pier and need to schedule a time for them to come get us!

I know that if anyone can help, it will be one of you guys!

Thanks!!!

There's really no reason to stay on the ship longer than midmorning when your color tag is called. At this point in the cruise you are limited to staying within acertain areas since they are cleaning and preparing the ship for the next group of passengers. All of the venues for food close early except of the tables where coffee and rolls are availabel while passengers wait for the color tag to be called. You have to be out of the cabins early for them to clean them for the next guests.

My guess is you will be off the ship sometime mid-morning.

If you are worried on how to spend the time, plan an activity at port. When we flew out from Miami we were able to check our bags at the American Airlines baggage area next to the port and then hopped a taxi to South Beach.

We did a b2b on the Empress last April and not long after the last color was called, a general announcement was made for all remaining passengers to please leave the ship. Shortly after that, while we were waiting to be taken to receive our new sea passes, we watched as all public areas of the ship were methodically checked to determine that there were no "leftover" passengers. The Empress is a smaller ship so perhaps disembarkation took less time than it would on the larger ships, but by ten the ship was totally cleared of passengers.

Last call for disembarking was around 9:30. We had blue tags since our flight didn't leave until 2:50. We were off the ship, through customs, collected baggage, and on the bus by 10:15. We went straight to the Miami Airport and were check in, through security, and enjoying a Starbucks coffee by 11:30. Very smooth process.

I have to agree with those above. In theory, I'd love to take my time and checkout later, but unfortunately, there's just no point to as they really effectively shut everything down, making what is already a bummer of a process even worse. It's too bad they can't keep SOMETHING going, maybe show a movie in the theater, or keep one pool open, or something. But alas, I understand that they want the ship to be as spic and span for the new folks as it was when the previous sailers boarded....

Archived