Advice on Epic Room please

Shayhooper

We are currently booked in a BD category room 11071, which we are very pleased with. We have paid for the cabin in full and are booked through a big box travel agent. The ship sails in 65 days and we have noticed that the costs of a B6 large balcony has dropped to less than what we paid for our cabin.

Does anyone have any insight into how much larger the balcony would be with the B6 cabin? Are any of the B6 balconies cove ones? Are the cabins bigger as well or just the balcony?

The balcony with the B6 is much larger (maybe twice the size). We done that size before on the Epic, and are booked again in 2 weeks in the B6. We had room for a chaise lounge and 2 chairs. Could probably do 2 chaise lounges?

I believe cabin size is same?

We had cabin 12092 last year when we sailed on the Epic. I agree that our balcony was very large and had tonnes of space. We had two regular chairs, two loungers and two small tables (they were all there when we boarded). With all that furniture we were still able to move around with ease. Some of the B6 balconies appear to be a little smaller depending on where they are in relation to the bump out.

If the price is the same or less than what you paid for your BD I would jump on the B6 as fast as you can. It looks like your current cabin has a sightly larger balcony but if you look at the deck plans you will see that the further out the cabin is towards the bump out, the bigger the balcony.

My two cents...

We had a regular BA balcony when we sailed the Epic in 2013 and my parents and sister had B6 balconies (one of them was in 12092, pisenor!). Their B6 balconies were much larger than our BA balcony. The BA balcony was fine for the two of us, but my nephew liked all the space to crawl around the B6 balcony and my mom liked having the extra seating (loungers and chairs) for when we did pre-dinner happy hours on their balcony.

So yes, agree with the previous posters that if you can get the B6 and would like a bit more space on your balcony, jump on it!

Edited by dolita22

There are some large balconies with obstructed views of the ocean (hull balconies). These are on decks 9 and 10 forward. Choose wisely. There's a list of these in my signature area

Edited by sdmike

You should look into the MX or above category pricing as well.

Just a few days ago, I noticed that what I paid for my BC > BA promo was more than what MX cost.

NCL offered to upgrade me to MX for free or to MA for $55 (CAD$64).

Hopefully it'll be worth it, this will be the highest category stateroom I've ever had (and probably ever will :P )

. . .Does anyone have any insight into how much larger the balcony would be with the B6 cabin? Are any of the B6 balconies cove ones? Are the cabins bigger as well or just the balcony?

Here's a video link to a similar B6 cabin onboard Norwegian EPIC, just several decks lower . . .