In Suite Dinner

Juhlin

Dear Cruise Critic Member

Can anybody tell me if I have a Penthouse suite on Ruby Princess, is it possible to have a dinner on my private balcony and choose something from the daily dining room menu? And if this is possible, will the dinner be served course by course, and can I invite my two friends who don’t have a suite?

Juhlin

Yes, you can order dinner and enjoy it on your balcony, and you can have friends over. If you order off the dining room menu, they will bring everything that you order at one time. So...if you want it course by course, you may want to place your room service orders as two separate ones - perhaps the appetizers, soups, salads, then the entrée and desserts......

Unless you want the ultimate balcony dinner, for which there is a charge, and that will be served to you course by course.

Suite passengers can order from the Room Service menu and when the Dining Rooms are open, from the DR menu. The food is not served but just brought to the room. Later courses would cool off. Because of that, we didn't enjoy the food as much as in the DR. We would order cold desserts or soufflés for later delivery but didn't try splitting other courses. Ultimate Balcony Dinner is $50/person, but is served course by course with great service!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Yes I have ordered room service from the dining room menu, many times. This is great, especially in scenic areas such as Alaska. A fine example is cruising through Snow Pass, about 7pm. I just love it!

No problem, as far as I am concerned, that all food is brought at once.

Placing separate orders, as previously suggested, is a great idea!

Enjoy!