Sovereign questions

missnic

We're booked on Sovereign Nov. 25, and have a few odd questions.

After watching Drydock, I really want to meet the captain. How do you go about meeting him?

We told them we are celebrating an anniversary, what do they do to 'celebrate' it?

Is there anywhere to eat at midnight or later? Particularly pizza or ice cream?

What is the general price of drinks on board? Soda and liquor?

I've seen pictures (recent!) of someone's cabin, and they had a huge cooler full of beer and soda - how on earth did they manage to get that on board?!

We're booked on Sovereign Nov. 25, and have a few odd questions.

After watching Drydock, I really want to meet the captain. How do you go about meeting him?

We told them we are celebrating an anniversary, what do they do to 'celebrate' it?

Is there anywhere to eat at midnight or later? Particularly pizza or ice cream?

What is the general price of drinks on board? Soda and liquor?

I've seen pictures (recent!) of someone's cabin, and they had a huge cooler full of beer and soda - how on earth did they manage to get that on board?!

The captain on the Drydock show has left and a very nice Canadian captian has replaced him. You can meet him at the Captians Party held for all guests.

Anniversary they will bring you a cake in the dinning room and sing for you. Unless you pay for some kind of package deal.

Sorrento's pizza is open to the wee hours.

Mixed drinks run around 5.95 each 4.95 "Virgin" sodas are 1.50

Balconies and suits have refirgerators in them and they do stock them but you pay for what you eat or drink. These are premium items.

Balconies and suits have refirgerators in them and they do stock them but you pay for what you eat or drink. These are premium items.

Thanks for the reply!

The picture that I saw actually showed a cooler full of Publix soda/bottled water, so somehow they had to get it onboard. :confused:

They don't do anything if you just tell them it's your anniversary. You have to actually order the items. You pay for it on your SeaPass card onboard.

Per RCI's website:

Do you offer Special Occasion Cakes?

Royal Caribbean offers Birthday, Anniversary and Special Occasion Cakes fleet wide for a nominal fee of $7.95 USD.

There are two types of cakes available: Chocolate sponge cake with chocolate butter cream or Vanilla sponge cake with vanilla butter cream, both are decorated with flowers on the left side of the cake. These cakes are 6" round and serve 2-10 people. The name (or names) will be written on the cake with a candle placed on top. A minimum of 6 hours advance notice is required. All cakes that are ordered by 12 noon will be served that evening in the main dining room.

The cake will be charged to your Seapass card or credit card upon request at time of ordering the cake onboard the ship.

If you do not wish to purchase a cake, inform your waiter of the special occasion and a "slice of cake" will be provided for the birthday, anniversary or special event. This slice of cake, provided in our main dining room, will be based on the daily cake offerings for that evening. This will serve one person and there is no additional charge. There will be a "happy birthday" or "happy anniversary" placquered on top of the slice of cake.

Thanks for the reply!

The picture that I saw actually showed a cooler full of Publix soda/bottled water, so somehow they had to get it onboard. :confused:

I have read many times on these boards that people have packed soda's & bottled water in there suitcases or carried them onboard & then chilled them in collapsable coolers. I have also read where they just stuck a luggage tag on their 12 packs & had them delivered to their rooms.

For just a 3 day cruise that seems like a lot of trouble, but then I'm not a big soda drinker.

For birthdays & anniversaries we just always go with the "free" desert in the dinning room. After a full meal the whole cake was usually wasted anyhow.

Archived