Thomson Facebook Page

Just read a post on Thomson official FB page where someone asked if the refurbishment was finished. Their reply? - We are not aware of any major work.:eek: You couldn't make it up!

Almost 24 hours later they apologised and said she was returning to service this week. Some of their replies to queries on there are unbelievable.

Edited by Sheila49

their answers to people are a laugh, i was saw them tell a woman she could take her travel iron, and they told someone no ship had a balcony cabin for a family of 4, it evens states in the brochure majesty jr/suites sleep 4, double bed and a double sofa bed

I get the feeling they're completely separate and don't know much. I know where I work the call centre is in India, social media team in Eastern Europe and customer service in Bedfordshire. Wouldn't be surprise if Thomson has a similar setup!

On the subject of the changes, I saw a post three nights ago asking for pics and the Thomson FB reps said they didn't have any updates. However the original poster removed the post but it was definitely there ;-)

I thought it was a huge faux pas that they were posting pictures of one of the last cruises to the fjords and saying how fabulous it was. Knowing that they are not going back next year.... Doh.... :banghead::banghead:

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

It was myself that put the post up about the refurb but someone hijacked the post to complain about their cruise , so I pulled the thread as I can do without the notifications every 30 secs plus I asked the person to ask Thomsons the question directly rather than via my post but it was ignored , if you want to complain post your own thread don't do it on someone else's , however not long to go now :)

I thought it was a huge faux pas that they were posting pictures of one of the last cruises to the fjords and saying how fabulous it was. Knowing that they are not going back next year.... Doh.... :banghead::banghead:

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

You just can't believe how out of touch they can be - or lacking in imagination or wit to realise how these glaring errors reflect on them or affect our confidence and belief in what they have to say. Couldn't anyone work out how inept they come over? There's more reliable info on here. If charged with interacting with customers on a social media site, you'd think they'd monitor and absorb the recent posts so that they are aware of what's going on. Surely they can't be oblivious to the posts about the noise and work on a recent cruise. We all know and we aren't paid to keep abreast of current issues. Unbelievable!

But then again if they can have senior executives appointed without ever having been on a cruise what hope is there that they understand what affects their customers?

I think we can all quote instances to illustrate how one hand at Thomsons doesn't know what the other is doing.

We did a repositioning cruise a couple of years ago and opted out of the in flight meals which the local TA offered for the homeward leg - when the tickets arrived from Thomsons central location it stated that an in flight meal was included !!!

Several others on the plane were under a similar misconception.

The poor stewardesses got it in the neck from a few punters - and the pilot had to make a public announcement asking disgruntled passengers not to give the girls a hard time.

• 2 weeks later...
Just read a post on Thomson official FB page where someone asked if the refurbishment was finished. Their reply? - We are not aware of any major work.:eek: You couldn't make it up!

Almost 24 hours later they apologised and said she was returning to service this week. Some of their replies to queries on there are unbelievable.

On the Dream at the moment in Curacao.The new Sun deck was finished half way on the Atlantic crossing.looking plush inside with new carpets and upholstery.just wish Thomson would fit new lifts. Food in the MDR very good .

Only 17 more days until we go on the dream, I hope it goes like a dream once were on it as I know it will, never had a bad experience yet with thomson cruises and hope not to get any, the new sun deck seems a great idea, and if that's where the sun hits the most and there's a bar up on it, that's where. you,ll find me and Mrs M, plenty of sunshine, good food plenty good drinks and friendly staff and guests and the whole cruise will go great.

Muffinman ;)

The refurbishment sounded and indeed look great. Enjoy all you lucky people who will be on her over Christmas and New year. Very envious and.....Yes the lifts are a pain....but that is such a minor niggle. Unless of course you have mobility problems!