If Not Acapulco??

jd1966

I have a cruise that is five months away but the State Department has issued a travel advisory against going to Acapulco. There is certainly time for things to quiet down but if not, any thoughts on what NCL would do and where would they go??

I have a cruise that is five months away but the State Department has issued a travel advisory against going to Acapulco. There is certainly time for things to quiet down but if not, any thoughts on what NCL would do and where would they go??

We stopped at Acapulco on the Star a couple of weeks ago. No problems ! Very nice and interesting city !

I would have no qualms about visiting there again regardless of what our State Department advises.

Honduras has had a state dept warning for a long time due to the high crime rate (did you know they have the highest murders per capita in the world?). This does not prevent several cruise lines from sailing there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Canada also has a travel advisory for the Mexican state of Guerrero, but it specifically excludes the tourist zone of Acapulco.

We were just there a couple weeks ago and it looked and felt about as safe as any other port we've been to.

EDIT. I'm actually thinking of going back to spend a week in Acapulco next month.

Edited by rajones007

Please provide a link to that advisory.

Here is what I found:

"Defer non-essential travel to all parts of the state, except for the cities of Acapulco, Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, Taxco, and the caves at Grutas de Cacahuamilpa."

Please provide a link to that advisory.

Here is what I found:

"Defer non-essential travel to all parts of the state, except for the cities of Acapulco, Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, Taxco, and the caves at Grutas de Cacahuamilpa."

Sorry, it was NBCNews not the State Department. Here is the link

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-embassy-warns-citizens-avoid-mexican-resort-acapulco-n254071

Dear Fellow American Citizens:

Warning. Warning.

Anything you hear on the news must be confirmed via other sources. Sadly, the norm for our media today is to make things worse than they are and to play tricks with the facts.

In this particular story, the reporting conflicts directly with the state department release they refer to.

So sad.

OK, I've been on a few cruises before and was not exactly in a "panic mode". I've had port changes on previous cruises and I was just asking more of a curiosity question than anything. Thanks to those who avoided using sarcasm!