pre paid service charges

huggs

Hi

I am looking for advice. How soon, if you are going to pre pay your service charges does it have to be done. Does it have to be done with final payment or any time before you cruise ??

Trying to plan the budget and it would be nice if it can wait until just a few weeks before we cruise. I want to pre pay, but be nice to keep the $ in our bank vs bank of NCL.

I know someone will have the answer for me .

Thank you

Huggs aka Sue

You can prepay your DSC at any time or not at all. Please do not misunderstand my statement....it was in reference to "prepaying" only. The DSC needs to be paid either in advance or on your final bill before debarkation. I always pay mine in advance just a couple days before we sail. I choose to pay this way just for the simplicity. I keep my money in my account until last minute because I would rather get the interest then NCL (or any other company for that matter). By prepaying last minute I kill two birds with one stone. I have a budgeted expense paid and to lessen the shock of the final bill on debarkation day.

There is no reason to pay any bill before before the actual due date. But instead when it is due to take advantage of any possible monetary gain instead of someone else :D

IMO

You can prepay your DSC at any time or not at all. Please do not misunderstand my statement....it was in reference to "prepaying" only. The DSC needs to be paid either in advance or on your final bill before debarkation. I always pay mine in advance just a couple days before we sail. I choose to pay this way just for the simplicity. I keep my money in my account until last minute because I would rather get the interest then NCL (or any other company for that matter). By prepaying last minute I kill two birds with one stone. I have a budgeted expense paid and to lessen the shock of the final bill on debarkation day.

There is no reason to pay any bill before before the actual due date. But instead when it is due to take advantage of any possible monetary gain instead of someone else :D

IMO

Thank you, that it what I was hoping. I would rather hold onto the $ as long as possible, but do not want it on our bill at the end !! 3 people on a 19 night cruise is not small change..,.but one we happily pay, as well as additional tips. Thank you both for your responses so quickly.

Cheers

If I were to prepay the service charge, I would do it about a week before the cruise. You can do a few days, but the closer you get to the actual cruise date, it raises the chance something will go wrong.

I of course would never do this. We just put it on a charge card at the end of te cruise and pay it a few weeks later when we get home.

And, it is not because of interest. The amount of interest is almost a joke.

Thank you, that it what I was hoping. I would rather hold onto the $ as long as possible, but do not want it on our bill at the end !! 3 people on a 19 night cruise is not small change..,.but one we happily pay, as well as additional tips. Thank you both for your responses so quickly.

Cheers

You are most welcome, glad I could help.

Pat

If I were to prepay the service charge, I would do it about a week before the cruise. You can do a few days, but the closer you get to the actual cruise date, it raises the chance something will go wrong.

I of course would never do this. We just put it on a charge card at the end of te cruise and pay it a few weeks later when we get home.

And, it is not because of interest. The amount of interest is almost a joke.

Who pays interest lol? Not with all those interest free deals out there!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMO

Cheers

You should also get the benefit of having the DSC charged in your currency - so for us, doing it a week before our cruise was worthwhile as we didn't have to pay the currency transaction fees. I know some people's credit cards don't charge this but ours all charge a percentage on top when it's a foreign currency. Worth bearing in mind!