Application for travelling ?

falados99

I have Tapatalk so that I can check out cruise critic from time to time, and Shipmate for deck plans. I think it also shows where ships are located. I know I have seen another site that shows where ships currently are on a PC, but I can't remember the name or if there was an app.

I also have kindle for reading books, and email apps.

When testing apps for their usefulness at sea, I would recommend you put the tablet into flight mode, and turn off and on again, to see if the functionality you want works offline.

Someone else on here recommended Tripit for keeping track of travel related things. I'm so glad I tried it! It's fabulous for keeping track of flights, hotels, cruises, rental cars, etc. There is a paid-for version, but the free one is perfect for my needs.

Someone else on here recommended Tripit for keeping track of travel related things. I'm so glad I tried it! It's fabulous for keeping track of flights, hotels, cruises, rental cars, etc. There is a paid-for version, but the free one is perfect for my needs.

Completly agree with this one, especially if you are booking elements separately it pulls in your booking confirmations from your emails so there is no need to enter it all in.

Except Tripit will read your emails, kind of creepy. It decided I was going on a cruise that I received an email about.

You don't have to let it read your emails, plus it's a computer that reads it.

On Tripit you can forward your confirmations if you like. However, if you have cruises booked in same month for both 2015 and 2016, it doesn't differentiate between the two years and inter mingles the cruises into 2015. The only solution to this is to wait till after the 2015 cruises are done and the days have passed and then forward the new 2016 itinerary. Crazy but it is the only way i know of to fix this problem. Ive used Tripit for several years now and it is great. You can also forward not only cruises but air and hotel reservations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Lucy Jane

Thanks for the TripIt Heads up. I just finished creating an account and set it up that I just forward the appropriate emails to tripIt and voilà. It's very handy. gonna try it out for a while but it saves me a lot of work that I usually do myself manually.

:)

dp