Just off the Pride today, ask away

SKosto

The Red Frog Pub....did it serve pub food?

I did not spend much time in there, but I dont think so.

How was Muster Drill? We'll be on her in January. :)

Go to deck 2 or 3, I forgot now. Stand shoulder to shoulder, 4 rows deep of people. Listen to the CD explain the procedures, hope you're tall enough to see the crew member in front of you show you how to use the vest. stand around til released, go have fun.

Thanks for posting the Fun Times! I really appreciate it. It looks like they play a lot of trivia, which is great, and I like that they list the theme for each game, so I can skip the topics I don’t know anything about.

And it looks like Quest has come over to Carnival now? Interesting…

Thanks for posting the Fun Times! I really appreciate it. It looks like they play a lot of trivia, which is great, and I like that they list the theme for each game, so I can skip the topics I don’t know anything about.

And it looks like Quest has come over to Carnival now? Interesting…

Not a problem, sorry it took so long. Carnival has been doing the quest for a while. Just not all CDs do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Not a problem, sorry it took so long. Carnival has been doing the quest for a while. Just not all CDs do it.

I haven't been on Carnival in a few years, so I haven't been keeping up to date. I'm looking forward to seeing everything that's changed or been added!

I was on this same sailing and have to agree embarkation went smoothly. Debarkation was so so.

To the person interested in a dart board. The Red Frog Pub has one by the foosball table.

Also the fun times are good guidelines, but lots of typos and wrong times. Not for the big stuff but I notice the entertainment staff would just start trivia around the time that was posted and also some stuff just left off completely.

Not too many kids on board but the ones who were always seemed to be getting entertained by staff or guardians(no obnoxious kids, that I saw anyway).

My balcony wasn't the cleanest and three times I got a note saying it would be cleaned while in port but that never happened, oh well it wasn't that bad.

Agree about belize tenders. Small boat into port and it took under 15 minutes but the ride back easily took 35 minutes on the big boat.

Food was good for the most part and all the staff seemed friendly. Most who I spoke with were new to the ship as of the same sailing and some were actually getting off the ship to go to a new one.

If I can think of anything else I'll post it.

Edited by theriac

It's kind of a very adult scavenger hunt/team competition. If you get embarrassed easily it probably isn't up your alley. I know there are a few threads around the board that talk about what happens during Quest games. I've never been on a ship that does it, but I would love to go if the Pride is still doing it when we sail in February.

Is there still a drink of the day? It used to be listed in the Fun Times. I can't find it on here.

Yes they do. It was on the one part I didn't scan. They have one at the red bar and blue bar every day, and usually something at the pub as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

It's kind of a very adult scavenger hunt/team competition. If you get embarrassed easily it probably isn't up your alley. I know there are a few threads around the board that talk about what happens during Quest games. I've never been on a ship that does it, but I would love to go if the Pride is still doing it when we sail in February.

We're on the same sailing- we should team up!

Could anyone hear the announcements on the ship? We sure couldn't.

I couldnt in my room, but in the hallway. It was kind of annoying, but didn't bother me all that much

Did your experience make you never want to cruise with Carnival in the future?

Not at all. The P.A. system not working right, was small and didn't bother me, The debarkcation was a little frustrating, but stuff happens and I'm always willing to give it another try.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, we are about to do the Pride Jan 25th and I have a couple of cabin questions:

Since its an older ship I'm wondering do they have hair blow dryers in the bathroom ( not sure if I have to pack one) - do they have shampoo and conditioner ? ( last time on the Liberty it was so nice to have a dispenser in the shower we didn't have to pack any) also are there alarm clocks in the rooms? thank-you

Edited by Slippery when wet

We sailed on the Pride over the holidays. There was a Quest show late one night (11:30 ish).... it is a hoot. If you are easily offended, then it is not for you. If you enjoy a little racy humor and acts.... highly recommend it.

Adult only area is Serenity, Lido Aft.... It does have a bar, a pool, a shaded sitting area, sunning area, and hammocks. The midship pool has the retractable roof.

And yes, dart board is in the Rum Pub.

Have a great cruise!

Hi there, we are about to do the Pride Jan 25th and I have a couple of cabin questions:

Since its an older ship I'm wondering do they have hair blow dryers in the bathroom ( not sure if I have to pack one) - do they have shampoo and conditioner ? ( last time on the Liberty it was so nice to have a dispenser in the shower we didn't have to pack any) also are there alarm clocks in the rooms? thank-you

There is a blow dryer but it is in one of the drawers, not in the bathroom. They have shampoo and body wash in dispensers in the shower. There was not a clock, but you could request a wake up call.