9 to 12 year old snorkeling in Grand Cayman

chiguypaul

Can someone suggest a place where I can take my 9 and 12 year old boys for snorkeling in Grand Cayman. I'd like a location where they can actually see some fish and decent plant life. I've come across a lot of locations where there's snorkeling, but not much to see. The cruise options don't look like anything special. We're going on the Independence for New Year's.

Thanks!

We took our 4 and 7 year old to Grand Cayman and snorkeled with Moby Dick tours. I set everything up with them prior to our cruise and they were fantastic. It is a small tour group, maybe 10-15 people max. We snorkeled for about 45 minutes and then went to the sand bar and swam with the sting rays. One of the most memorable adventures I've ever done. Highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We took our 4 and 7 year old to Grand Cayman and snorkeled with Moby Dick tours. I set everything up with them prior to our cruise and they were fantastic. It is a small tour group, maybe 10-15 people max. We snorkeled for about 45 minutes and then went to the sand bar and swam with the sting rays. One of the most memorable adventures I've ever done. Highly recommend.

Any issues with getting back to the ship? Easy to find taxi?

Any issues with getting back to the ship? Easy to find taxi?

None at all. Once we booked with them, they provide all the transportation. We met right off the cruise dock where they told us to wait. They picked us up, drove us to their boat, did the excursion, and drove us right back to the dock. We never needed to get a taxi.

Oh and while snorkeling, we saw a lot of fish and beautiful coral.

Edited by 4Tacos

Without a doubt - I'd recommend Stingray Sailings. They are a spectacular company. We just use them – our 10 year old DD had a spectacular day. She started out the day with absolutely no intention of getting close to a stingray. Chip was great with her – I have many wonderful photos thank him for. They take very few people on their boat – so they have lots of time to make sure you have a wonderful experience.

After the stingrays – they go to a gorgeous reef that is literally just a few feet below you. Gorgeous – with tons of coral and tropical fish. We've been one more than 40 cruises – this is one of the best excursions over all.

We used Nativeway Tours. Did the stingray sandbar and two snorkeling spots. One was with HUGE starfish, and the other was with beautiful fish. Just our group (4 adults and kids ages 9, 9, 10, 11, and 16) and another family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers. Fantastic day!!! They have other tours as well.