Spa Balcony without roof...did you love it or hate it? We loved it!

Aviendah

Our last Carnival cruise we sailed on the Valor spa deck 11. The balcony was not covered and we absolutely loved the view. Yes, people from deck 12 could look down and see us if we were standing at the railing but it was just a few times during the week and it didn't bother us in the least. Our cruise on the Valor was very windy and could even be called cool for temperatures though it was January. We loved our balcony view and openness so much that we booked another open balcony on the Breeze; spa deck 12. On the Breeze it doesn't appear that people can look down at you on your deck 12 balcony.

I'm curious for those that have stayed in these types of cabins if you would book them again? Did rain or too much sun hamper the enjoyment of your trip? We didn't experience either on our last trip so it wasn't an issue. For me, the view is everything and it was utterly fantastic from the open balcony! I swear I'm spoiled now and won't book lower decks in the future.

We had a Spa Deck balcony on Glory and we really didn't care for it. We had rain on our cruise, so we couldn't use the balcony a lot - the balcony was very wet when it wasn't raining. I've also found that I prefer midships or aft cabins. The deck 11 cabin had a lot of movement (again, the weather).

I have had a spa deck cabin on the Liberty and Conquest. I cruised in September, so hot hot hot weather. I LOVED the cabin!!!!! The cabin on the Conquest had a door that was tricky to lock, but no worries.

The only down side to those cabins is if it is raining out on a normal balcony you can sit on the balcony and you might get wet, on the spa deck cabins if it is raining out, you ain't going outside unless you want to get wet!!! The last sea day on both cruises it rained. On the Conquest it set in later in the afternoon and didn't stop for hours.....so, ya opened the door and let the breeze in is about all we could do......

We did not have a specific spa balcony on CCL but our family members did have a open topped balcony family suite on NCL. We were right next door in a regular family suite with no balcony.

If it was hot and sunny the balcony got very hot, people could look down if they made an effort to, and if it was raining the balcony and the furniture got wet.

We get plenty of sun living in Florida so we opted to do the SPA on Deck 11 and not 12 on the Breeze, mostly to avoid extra sun. Sun worshippers may like the open top, but the spa balconies aren't very large, the NCL suite balconies had loungers and were good sized balconies.

Best thing about a open top would be the stars at night, provided the deck lights don't wash them out.

nclcruise215_zps22bc063f.jpg

nclcruise214_zpsd814b610.jpg

• 4 weeks later...