Conquest L Shaped Room 6442 Review

jdcml

So just a quick review with hopefully enough terms in the title that others can find it in a search :D. No pictures because there are plenty available online and I always seem to forget about them until the room is full of stuff.

So it's odd, I think I would get the room again, but I don't know that I would recommend it to others. There were pros and cons which weighed well for us though.

First, the layout. For two of us we didn't have any issues and two is the max capacity of the room. It does have a bit of a long hall to get in the room and an extra closet for clothes. We never had an issue with space and getting ready which I read about somewhere in another thread. She would sit at the table doing hair and makeup and I had plenty of room to get around the room. It was VERY nice to have the bed facing the windows. I woke up a lot during the night and seeing the moon reflect on the water or making sure we weren't in port without lifting my head from the pillow was nice.

Someone mentioned an issue with the TV and it was hard to view. We did have to prop up in bed to watch TV, but we do that at home too :). If you want to sit in a chair to watch TV this isn't the room for you because the chairs are on the same wall as the TV.

The bathroom was fine. BUT, I never got the hang of the fact that the light switch was on the outside of the door, and behind the door as you opened it. Even up to the last day I would get all the way in the bathroom, realize the switch was on the outside, have to step out, then close the door to reach the switch. Honestly I typically just brushed my hair and teeth in the ambient light from the windows and often left the light off! It was my way of getting back at the designer that laid it out that way :p

The biggest question seems to have been about the noise. Now, what I didn't realize about the Conquest was the layout of the aft lounge. In most other ships I seem to recall the stage always being far aft in the center. On the Conquest is it forward and on the port side. Based on rough estimates, that puts it RIGHT UNDER THE ROOM! Now, for the majority of the time it wasn't an issue, but it was pretty noisy when it was. Our run had a lot of karaoke in there pretty late at night. It was loud enough that we could hear it and determine what the song was. Sometimes we could hear the mid-day talks that were going on in there although not nearly as loud.

This is the main reason I'm not 100% I would tell someone else to get it. Light sleeper that turns in early - it could be a problem. Someone that likes karaoke, midnight comedy, or walks their legs of all day and it out before they hit the pillow, then the noise might bother you for about 23 seconds before you fall asleep. I don't know what the noise level might be like for rooms on the starboard side since they are a little farther from the main stage and potentially the main noise.

Location, Location, Location. Pros and cons to this one too. Ultimately you'll have to walk to something every day. This was great because a few steps down the hall and you were right at lightly traveled elevators to lido food and even coffee when room service was slow. Close to pizza, etc etc. The other nice thing about this room is that those same stairs were just one level down to the promenade deck. That is the main walkway on this ship so we would go down one floor, travel the length, and then down one or two more in the main lobby for the bar or shops depending on where we were going. Coming back from port of the show we would go to deck 5, then walk the length and just up one flight of stairs to our room. The easy access to the promenade was very nice. We did late comedy and number of nights and couldn't have been much closer when it ended!

I almost forgot about the main reason we booked it which was the balcony! It ends up being what I think is a double width balcony. Comparing the glass panels to the others while in port we had twice as many. Its certainly big for two people! It isn't any deeper than a standard balcony. We didn't have the lounge chair you see in a lot of pictures, but by the second day our steward had one for us. That was nice for relaxing, reading, and just watching the world go by.

We loved that cabin, but we just could not take the noise. Part way through the second week of our B2B they moved us to a suite and gave us a credit. They know there is a problem with that cabin for some people.

It is a perfect cabin for night owls or heavy sleepers, we are neither.

We just left the bathroom light on.

The balcony was terrific and liked the bed facing the windows.

We wish we had seen your review before our cruise, we would not have booked it. We had CC friends right above us in the same style cabin, they had no noise. We are now more careful about booking above or below anything but other cabins.

Great review!

In May we had the Starboard version of the same room, 6573. It doesn't matter where the stage is because the speakers are on the lounge ceiling and we could hear the jokes the comedians told as well as the Karaoke. Otherwise, the room is great and your are right about how nice it is to have the bed facing the window and the long balcony. We had the L shaped on the Destiny in the same location but barely heard anything from the lounge.

We like the room, so for our next cruise we're getting a L shaped, just up one floor higher.

We're taking a battery powered night light for the bathroom so we don't need to turn the light on in the middle of the night. It has to be battery powered because the outlet above the mirror goes off when you turn out the light. In regular cabins turning on the light from outside is not so bad, but in these the bathroom is right by the bed instead of down the hall. DW took a while to get used to that. She kept implying I might find a wet spot in the closet if she wasn't careful.

Edited by Miller_KC

Great review!

In May we had the Starboard version of the same room, 6573. It doesn't matter where the stage is because the speakers are on the lounge ceiling and we could hear the jokes the comedians told as well as the Karaoke. Otherwise, the room is great and your are right about how nice it is to have the bed facing the window and the long balcony. We had the L shaped on the Destiny in the same location but barely heard anything from the lounge.

We like the room, so for our next cruise we're getting a L shaped, just up one floor higher. .....

We had the same cabin (but it's 6473:)) and chose a floor higher for our next cruise, too. We have 7439 on the Glory next month. The noise didn't really keep us up, but it was a bit annoying.