Fttf galveston

Slippin

We just got off Triumph in Galveston with FTTF. We arrived at the port at 11 am there were 3 check-in areas (1) disabled passengers (2) regular check-in (3)FTTF. There was no line for FTTF, about 100 people in the regular line.

Got right to the desk, sign and sail cards were ready and we were on the ship within 30 minutes from arrival.

No real VIP/FTTF lounge just some chairs on the sides you can sit on if you need to wait, but ir might be different if lines were longer. As a matter of fact they were allowing boarding of all passengers at the same time no zones, tiers, etc.

It was the quickest boarding of any cruise I have been on and parking was a snap as well.

Enjoy your cruise!

We just got off Triumph in Galveston with FTTF. We arrived at the port at 11 am there were 3 check-in areas (1) disabled passengers (2) regular check-in (3)FTTF. There was no line for FTTF, about 100 people in the regular line.

Got right to the desk, sign and sail cards were ready and we were on the ship within 30 minutes from arrival.

No real VIP/FTTF lounge just some chairs on the sides you can sit on if you need to wait, but ir might be different if lines were longer. As a matter of fact they were allowing boarding of all passengers at the same time no zones, tiers, etc.

It was the quickest boarding of any cruise I have been on and parking was a snap as well.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the info! Where did you guys stay the night before? Also, where did you park?

You go into the terminal via the VIP entrance and you are directed to the FTTF check in line. Then you are seated in a separate section of the general boarding area to wait.

The VIPs are boarded first then FTTF, then handicap, then general boarding.

In Galveston I usually stay at the Inn at Waterpark, they use the Moody Gardens shuttle to the pier but I prefer to take a cab which costs $20.

I arrive at the pier by 10:30 and boarding begins shortly after 11.

Just a slight correction to the above info- There is indeed a dedicated VIP lounge. The FTTF folks are kept in their own area. But I will say the Galveston seems to have the fastest and smoothest boarding of any port I have been to.

I agree! I was very impressed with how organized they were :) I got to the port waaay to early, but once things started it was very quick.

We stayed with family who cruised with us in Houston and drove down that morning so I can't speak to hotels.

Parking is super easy when you get to the pier simple turn left at the light(follow signs) pull up in front of the terminal let your passengers off with all the luggage while you go park. Easy to get a porter as well. Parking is on the same side of the street just down from the pier, pull in to lot, pay the fee, and park where directed. The shuttle pulled up right behind my car and I got on and was back at the terminal 5 minutes after leaving it. we did a 5 day cruise and parking was $50. You can get a small discount by prepaying on line. I printed out a map of the terminal and directions from the web but it was easy and good signs on I-45.

On our October 2013 Triumph cruise we were Platinum and my parents bought FTTF. We all went through VIP very quickly and got our passes, there were no lines. We boarded and then I believe my parents were only about 5 minutes behind us. For a timeline we usually park at EZ cruise around 10:30 and are through the cruise terminal around 11. We dropped our stuff off in our cabins right away and headed down to Red Frog for a beer and Guy's for a burger. I believe our luggage was in the room after we had lunch.

Galveston has always run embarkation very smoothly, on all ships from there we have been on.....debarkation, now that is another story.

We boarded 11/22/14. Got to port at about 10:30am. People were still leaving from the returning cruise. Dropped off luggage and passengers and parked at the port. Shuttle took me back and I met my family and walked in. They were just herding us in but I asked and was sent to the FTTF line. Walked right up and was checked in in less than 15 minutes. We had to wait about 30 minutes. They called the wedding, the VIP lounge and then us. Our room was ready. Luggage arrived about 2pm. It was our kids first cruise and our second. It was great to dropped off everything and check out our balcony before heading down to Guy's Burgers. We wanted to get on quick to book the Behind the Fun tour. There were already 8 people before us on the list. I will book FTTF every time I can.

I never purchased FTTF and was still on board around 11am when we sailed on the Magic. That was good enough for us.

Both cruise terminals run very smooth during embarkation, even on Sundays when the two largest ships in Galveston embark/debark. As others have said, debarkation sucks big time, but if you're patient, it's not too bad.

Edited by Noelchristian92610

In Galveston you will check in at the VIP lounge and then if boarding has not started you will be asked to sit in the chairs outside the VIP lounge. In October boarding began in this order. Weddings, Travel Agents, Platinum/Diamond, Disabilities, FTTF, General Zones. Boarding began a little past 12:00 due to a USCG exam.

Edited by cruiser fanatic