Looks like "Celebration" is coming back to Florida

loubetti

This had been posted here before, but the former Carnival Celebration (Grand Celebration, Costa Celebration) has left Europe, and is in the Canaries, and her next stop is listed as Freeport, Bahamas. Looks like she might be the replacement for the damaged Bahamas Celebration, which I expect will be repaired and sail again. She'd need to go to Freeport first for obvious repainting, and who knows what else.

Read here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2121944

Celebration, as previously reported has been totally revamped inside, and is beautiful inside. This 1986 Holiday class ship is only 28, and has years left in her.

It would be great to get her into West Palm Beach, though I think she would be wasted on 2-night cruises, but it is what it is.

We shall see how this plays out.

20141115184526_DSC01580.jpg

Costa-Celebration-ATRIO.jpg

Chema.JPG

costa-celebration_photo10.jpg

Thanks for sharing :) My first ship, the one that made me fall in love with cruising!! She will always be near and dear to my heart.

This had been posted here before, but the former Carnival Celebration (Grand Celebration, Costa Celebration) has left Europe, and is in the Canaries, and her next stop is listed as Freeport, Bahamas. Looks like she might be the replacement for the damaged Bahamas Celebration, which I expect will be repaired and sail again. She'd need to go to Freeport first for obvious repainting, and who knows what else.

Read here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2121944

Celebration, as previously reported has been totally revamped inside, and is beautiful inside. This 1986 Holiday class ship is only 28, and has years left in her.

It would be great to get her into West Palm Beach, though I think she would be wasted on 2-night cruises, but it is what it is.

We shall see how this plays out.

20141115184526_DSC01580.jpg

Costa-Celebration-ATRIO.jpg

Chema.JPG

costa-celebration_photo10.jpg

There you go, great demand for her in Florida, thanks for the supportive replies. Who needs balconies on a short cruise? Not me! I think she could be a real winner for Palm Beach and Freeport. Also, I'll add that the original Bahamas Celebration can be repaired, and as was earlier reported they were considering basing her in port Canaveral.

Gee, I think my first Carnival cruise will be on a former Carnival ship. Just have to see what the prices are!

As I said, we shall see what we shall see.:D