Check in appointment time - Solstice - first time cruiser

kon000

Hi,

We will sail from Sydney to Auckland late January and just got guest ticket booklet and it says check in starts from 11:30 am but celebrity encourage and recommend guests to arrive certain time depending on which deck your stateroom is on.

Our deck is deck 7 and time allocated is 3:30 pm, but we wanted to check in early and have lunch on the ship.

What is the rule for this??

Hi,

We will sail from Sydney to Auckland late January and just got guest ticket booklet and it says check in starts from 11:30 am but celebrity encourage and recommend guests to arrive certain time depending on which deck your stateroom is on.

Our deck is deck 7 and time allocated is 3:30 pm, but we wanted to check in early and have lunch on the ship.

There have been many posts on the topic of late (you can use the CC Search function to find them)

Celebrity is "asking" Guests to arrive / load by deck to ease congestion.

But is just a Request / Suggestion... Not a rule.

If your plans work better for a different arrival time I would say stick with it... Chances are good you'll be able to board shortly after you arrive

Cheers!

Hi,

Hi

If you are on the Solstice sailing on Jan 27th then you have company :eek: Just turn up at OPT they will not make you wait

Regards

John

Hi,

Just go any time you want, it's just a suggestion, not appointment....

I am kind surprised by this new policy.

I am going on my 8th Celebrity cruise and never had any problems embarking. From walking into the terminal to sitting in the Oceanview restaurant its never been more then 20 minutes. Okay, one time I arrived at Civitavecchia at 10a to board the Reflection and I had to sit till 11a, when they opened. They did give me a ticket with a number and they checked me in promptly after opening.

Its one reasons I like Celebrity. Now other cruise lines I had experienced long waits.

Hi,

Hi

If you are on the Solstice sailing on Jan 27th then you have company :eek: Just turn up at OPT they will not make you wait

Regards

John

Please check in on the roll call for this cruise. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1845857 This is the first post and you can review the other 1100 posts at your leisure. :rolleyes:

We have a number of interesting things planned for the cruise and you're more than welcome to join us.

Hi,

As others have mentioned, it is a suggestion as they are trying to ease the crowds. Personally, I'd far rather arrive around 11 and wait if needed. I like to get on board as early as possible. I never really feel like the holiday has begun till I'm on the ship.

Oh, and the suggestion to read and join your roll call is an excellent one. We have made many 'cruise' friends this way.

We sailed on the Solstice from Sydney in April this year. It was the first time we had seen this staggered boarding arrangement. You can drop off bags at any time but are requested politely to return at the requested time listed for your deck. They certainly did enforce this and we saw several people getting very annoyed but they were very firm. They said that the terminal in Sydney is not suitable for 1000's of cruisers checking in at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app