Mexico November * Can you HELP?!? Need Advice!

WeLuvCruzn

We're planning a trip on Celebrity in November. This what we have so far... can anyone critique this tour itinerary and provide suggestions?!? Thanks! :D

1) Cabo: Los Arcos & Divers(no tour yet)*also considering Chileno Bay snorkel $68 (ship tour)

2) Mazatlan: Stone Island - on our own - bus/cab to water taxi OR maybe

El Cid resort (pros / cons of each?)

3) PV: Casa Kimberely (liz taylor's old house) maybe Banderas Bay? -- can you do the Bay on your own?!?

4) Aca: Fort then... suggestions? We'll be there a long time.

5) Ixtapa: Isla Ixtapa - on our own - bus/cab to water taxi

6) Manzanillo: considering Colima/Comala tour $60 (ships tour) -- maybe 7 hours is too long?!? -- suggestions?

We've read mixed reviews about the snorkeling in Mexico -- any advice about experiences in November would be greatly appreciated. We are avid cruisers and have our own fins, masks, etc.

Thanks in advance. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

A few more questions...

1) Has anyone been to Casa Kimberely? What is the best way to get there? If we take a cab, should we ask it to wait for us? What else is in that neighborhood? Any public transport?

and

2) Does anyone know if you can SEE whales from ANY of the BEACHES or any other LAND MASS in any of our ports? We're too early for "official" whale watching tours. :(

WeLuvCruzn,

You'll have so much fun on that itinerary! We sailed on Celebrity Mercury doing the same itinerary last March. We booked all of our excursions through the ship so I don't have any information about taxis etc.

In Cabo San Lucas we sailed around the Los Arcos area on the catamaran, CaboRey. We had a wonderful time since we were able to see quite a few whales.

In Mazatlan, we took a Country Tour visiting the towns of Malpica and Concordia (we really enjoyed it) and finished the tour by watching the Papantla Flyers at the Aztec Theater.

In Puerto Vallarta, we took the "Off the Beaten Track" tour which included a stop at Casa Kimberly (very interesting tour).

In Acapulco, we took a city tour that included the Fort San Diego, the Chapel of Peace, and Los Flamingos Hotel made famous by John Wayne and Johnny Weissmuller. In the evening we saw a light show at the Fort and then went to the evening performance of the cliffdivers at La Quebrada. I think this particular tour was a bit high priced---but we enjoyed the cliffdivers; however, if we return to Acapulco I think I would rather watch the divers during daylight.

In Zihuantanejo/Ixtapa, we took the Resort tour. We saw the beautiful scenery of Ixtapa and then enjoyed shopping in the quiet town of Zih.... A very relaxing day!

We took the 7 hour tour in Manzanillo and I would do it again in a heartbeat! In the town of Colima we visited the museum, the government building and church (all centered around the plaza). From there we visited the Pyramids of Campana --very, very interesting, I thought. In the distance, looms the two volcanoes (one quite active). From there we drove to Comala and enjoyed the Plaza area (shopping and church) and ate an included botana snack lunch which was very good! This was my favorite excursion (along with the whalewatching, of course)!

Whatever you decide to do at each port of call, I'm sure it will be loads of fun and so memorable. I hope that after your cruise, you'll let us know how everything went.

Archived