Drink Package - Poll

billsr

I seem to recall that some wines are available in 2 different glass sizes. I think a 5oz and a 2oz. If the 5 oz is over $12 but the 2oz in under $12, does anyone know if the 2oz would be covered?

EDIT: Oh... and to answer the poll: I've per-purchased the UP but have yet to prove the worthiness. (we sail in April) But barring any last minute health issues, we intend to make it worthwhile.

dp

Edited by dpostman

I seem to recall that some wines are available in 2 different glass sizes. I think a 5oz and a 2oz. If the 5 oz is over $12 but the 2oz in under $12, does anyone know if the 2oz would be covered?

EDIT: Oh... and to answer the poll: I've per-purchased the UP but have yet to prove the worthiness. (we sail in April) But barring any last minute health issues, we intend to make it worthwhile.

dp

The drink packages only cover wines that are $12 or less for the 5oz size.

The drink packages only cover wines that are $12 or less for the 5oz size.

Thanks for confirming. That is what I thought :(

Have never cruised without one, nor would I ever cruise without!!!!

You Bet Neighbor :D

I think I'll see with the gang in our roll call and try to organize a Pub crawl on a sea day ;-)

Had the basic beer/wine package. Strictly beer for me. Well worth it. Huge selection of beers from all over the globe.

My dad smuggled a case of beer on with no trouble in checked baggage. Made his whole week. My mom had the basic beer/wine package too. Not a big drinker but never was hassled when she gave it to my dad.

I can't remember the last time I was served a 5oz glass of wine anywhere! Most places serve a 6oz or a choice of 6oz or 9oz. I have never heard of a 2oz glass of wine. Do you have to finish the whole glass before they will bring you another one?

I can't remember the last time I was served a 5oz glass of wine anywhere! Most places serve a 6oz or a choice of 6oz or 9oz. I have never heard of a 2oz glass of wine. Do you have to finish the whole glass before they will bring you another one?

The 1oz and 2oz glasses of wine are available at Vintages as part of a custom wine flight. I've not seen them elsewhere.

Absolutely worth. The chance to try different drinks is great. ....Don't like it...try a different one. Mimosa in the morning....yum.

As above, won't travel without one

This is kind of adorable. I remember when I was 21 and I wanted to try everything on the menu. But seriously, I'm not picking on you, that's great -- stay thirsty, my frenz.

Edited by HardcoreKeith

Thanks for confirming. That is what I thought :(

You Bet Neighbor :D

I think I'll see with the gang in our roll call and try to organize a Pub crawl on a sea day ;-)

The packages are the best thing they have done to make the cruises more affordable!

This is an odd question, but we are a party of 2, do both of us need to get the package or can just one of us get it?

My wife doesn't drink much and in our last cruise we rack up a bit.

For example can you order 2 drinks at a same time with one package?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an odd question, but we are a party of 2, do both of us need to get the package or can just one of us get it?

My wife doesn't drink much and in our last cruise we rack up a bit.

For example can you order 2 drinks at a same time with one package?

There is no longer a requirement that all occupants of a stateroom have to buy the same package. However, drinks from the package cannot be shared.

It seems like a lot until you think about the others - like you mention, the fresh squeezed OJ, specialty coffees, bottled water (I always like to have one with me, and a few in my room), a couple mimosas in the morning with breakfast, a couple afternoon cocktails on the pool deck, a couple glasses of wine with dinner, then after dinner shots or adult coffees...

For us, it is more about not hesitating to get what we want. For me, especially, if it is prepaid I will take advantage and order to my glutinous Christmas cruise-week desires. [emoji12] If I were paying by the drink, I'd be thinking about the cost and doing the math in my head constantly, and I'd go without often... Not having that second cocktail or trying a different bev of the day for fear I wouldn't like it and would waste my $12. But that's a "me" thing. And my husband knows it! So we purchased for both of us so it will truly be a time of treating ourselves. The price per day relative to what this whole vacay is costing (for 7 of us in 3 staterooms) is relatively minor, and worrying about $12 here and there would happen and be ridiculous, so boom. Ultimate. LOL

YMMV, as usual. But don't share and get burned. [emoji107] That would be NO fun, and talk about worrying...