Jazz cruise on the Pearl nov 2015 ?

kathyanddanny

Yes! My DH & I went on the Cruise to the Edge in 2014 & we're going again in 2015. It's nothing short of amazing if you love Progressive Rock music (Yes, Genesis, PFM, Caravan, Marillion, etc). It's not a jazz cruise. Bands play in the various lounges, the theater, and at a pool stage from 11am to 11pm and sometimes later. It's been going on since 2013. The cruise in 2015 will be the 3rd annual. It will be the first time chartered on a Norwegian Cruise ship. For more info, there's a website with the same name & a FB group titled, "The Official Cruise to the Edge". 'On the Blue' is the company who organizes this event. People are on board from all over the world & wonderful friendships are forged. There's also a group of fans who are amazing musicians in their own right & they sing & play classic progressive rock songs by Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, and Pink Floyd (primarily) in one of the lounges every night of the cruise. Just amazing to watch them pull this off without ever rehearsing together before. Tickets go on sale for the 2015 cruise on January 15, 2015.

The website isn't completely up yet, but Cruise to the Edge 2015 has Yes, Marillion, Allen Holdsworth, PFM, Lifesigns, Nektar, Caravan, Big Elf, Jolly, Thank You, Scientist, and many more. My husband and I went last year and had an amazing time.

Dr. Football, you will want to check out the After Hours Electric Prog Jam. It's all prog fans, pro or semi pro musicians, who get together after the nightly performances are over and with no practice, they play prog songs. Last year's had some 'guest' musicians who will appear very familiar (for instance, Geoff Downes playing 'Video Killed the Radio Star' with Jammers!). Type in the name as a URL, it goes live in January with choosing songs.

As it's jumping to a different cruise line, not sure if the 'drink vouchers' will be happening this year. For CTTE14, you got 50 tickets for $220 and it got you any alcoholic beverage.

The itinerary is Key West and a private Island somewhere in the Bahamas. I'm wondering if it will be Coco Cay, as On the Blue (the promoter chartering the ship) was just there last month with one of their other charters.

Alums were able to start booking today, with the general population booking in January.

We barely slept for 5 nights because we had so much to to do and see. If you like prog music, this is a must do cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much everyone for the great info!

Our only concern is that we do not get the cabin category we want by the time the ticket sales open up to the general public...we will be aprox 8 or 10 people.

Sounds like an Amazing time!

I checked it yesterday, because friends are going this year and have to wait for general booking.

The only category sold out right now is deck 4 in the non-VIP. In VIP, the only thing left is the Mini-Suite, but I understand that the Penthouses are extremely limited in number.

• 3 weeks later...

Will be booking tomorrow for sure we are officially 3 couples....

One more question? Can we let our T.A. Book for us? Hoping there are decent rooms left?! As return fans can you give me more info on the structuring of the drinks and such?

Thanks for all your input everyone! Can't wait to experience this cruise!.

Kathy.😃

• 1 month later...
The website isn't completely up yet, but Cruise to the Edge 2015 has Yes, Marillion, Allen Holdsworth, PFM, Lifesigns, Nektar, Caravan, Big Elf, Jolly, Thank You, Scientist, and many more. My husband and I went last year and had an amazing time.

Dr. Football, you will want to check out the After Hours Electric Prog Jam. It's all prog fans, pro or semi pro musicians, who get together after the nightly performances are over and with no practice, they play prog songs. Last year's had some 'guest' musicians who will appear very familiar (for instance, Geoff Downes playing 'Video Killed the Radio Star' with Jammers!). Type in the name as a URL, it goes live in January with choosing songs.

As it's jumping to a different cruise line, not sure if the 'drink vouchers' will be happening this year. For CTTE14, you got 50 tickets for $220 and it got you any alcoholic beverage.

The itinerary is Key West and a private Island somewhere in the Bahamas. I'm wondering if it will be Coco Cay, as On the Blue (the promoter chartering the ship) was just there last month with one of their other charters.

Alums were able to start booking today, with the general population booking in January.

We barely slept for 5 nights because we had so much to to do and see. If you like prog music, this is a must do cruise.

Thanks! We're Booked! Had to " Con the wife" into going to visit her little Sis in Tampa first, but we got er done...

Will probably shelp my Les Paul Traveller and my new Fender Carbonita Tele,...with my Pignose 30/60.. Last tour I just brought the traveller and my ovation amplified acoustic,..

As we only cruise NCL since 2005, I'm glad it changed over,...I have a very nice video of both Yes Shows from last years Cruise,. And I'm also( as a player) a big Holdsworth fan....

Retired from solving other People's Problems

CWO-4 US Army Retired/Medical

NSDQ!!!

• 1 month later...

My wife and I did the first ever "Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise" in October of 2014 aboard the Pearl. It was nothing short of amazing. Five nights of peace, love, and reggae music.

They completely covered one of the pools on the Lido deck and transformed it into a stage. Shows started promptly at 8pm and ran until just past midnight. Lots of after hours DJ's and parties going on too. Weather was perfect for the first 4 nights. The last night was downpours, so they moved things in doors. Grand finale party went on until 6am, with the ship docking in Miami at 7am!

We have 2 cabins booked for this years cruise.