We're taking the plunge on to Divina, Good idea?

2thesea

I am not into football so don't know exactly what they were airing, but they were showing games in the sports bar and on the big deck screen during our 2 weeks on Divina (Nov/Dec 2014). Some fans were very happy!

they show the sunday night and monday night nfl games only so they don't show a one or four pm game on sunday or the thursday night game. saturday was euro soccer all the time on their sports channels. or darts. one college football game starting at night because over there it and early in the morning but trust me they were throwing those darts to decide what games to air and they picked dogs. no midweek college football was shown either.

We noticed the "closing elevator doors on people" just a little too often too - not sure if the people inside the elevators were purposely trying to stop people for getting on or if they were a little clueless and didn't realize that it might take people a few seconds to walk to the other side of the elevator bank from where they were waiting.

Overall, the level of rudeness was about the same as I've experienced on any cruise. Most people are great. Some are just clueless. And some think that their experience is more important than yours. And I didn't find it had anything to do with nationality as a couple of the worst offenders on our cruise were North American. I thought the staff was outstanding - whether at LeMuse or handing out trays at the buffet - they always had a smile and wanted happy passengers.

"Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity" :-)

From my ipad

We are very close to booking with MSC Divina out of Miami in the spring for the first time. We've taken 11 other cruises with Royal and Carnival, so we are hoping for a fun and interesting change. I'm very tired of Carnival's format of hyperactive entertainment staff. Maybe I'm just getting old - :) Anyway, I'll continue to check this for advice. I've read about rude staff and a beautiful ship with average food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The staff is the opposite of rude on the Divina - Quite the opposite. I found all I encountered to be very very friendly with smiles on their faces.

Food is subjective - They didnt have grits at Breakfast - but I got over it - no smoked salmon either - but my boyfriend asked for it at the buffet for breakfast the first day and from then on out it was delivered to him at our table in the Calumet or Manitou Buffet each morning without question.

The ship is beautiful - the disco is a lot of fun - Deck 5 is a lot of fun in the Cigar lounge - They have portholes there you can look out of and see the ocean against the horizon - it is pretty cool.

Go and have fun and dont worry about what others say. She is a lovely ship with a laid back attitude - We had a blast!

Edited by anamarieus

She was a great ship. Staff was super friendly, although our head waiter could have used some work. The food in the MDR was either excellent or mediocre (not very often but somethings like soup just weren't that great). Overall, I would definitely set sail on her again.

Notice in almost every reveiw their are some negatives. Did a 7 day in Nov and the only way we would go back, if the cruise was free and they threw in the best drink pkg. Been on 70 somes cruises since 1978 and have never complained about a single one.

Sadly I have to agree. We are the most down to earth and easy to please folks you will meet but this company is terrible for customer service. Totally tarnished our Xmas and to think we traveled all the way from Australia and spent over $21000 just for the cruise for 2 weeks

We traveled all the way from Australia for a back to back Xmas and New Year cruise. Party of 9......2 adults, 2 seniors, 5 teens and a 15 month old. It was a family reunion for my kids to spend time with their pop and uncle who live in America and joined us for the cruise.

The ship is beautiful. Very clean and fresh. Some of the art work and sculptures are a little strange and layout a touch weird but AMAZING.

Staff such as room stewards, wait staff, bar staff and servers LOVELY. Customer service staff RUDE and UNCARING.

Food is ok. Nothing special and hit and miss. Very repetitive but you will find some nice dishes. Lets just say that on my first ever cruise on the Sapphire Princess I gained 8lb in 7 days. On the Divina I gained 3 in 14 days.

Our cruise was around 10% Americans and the rest Europeans and South Americans. Very rude and pushy. Americans were AWESOME.

Rooms are nice but small. We had balconies.

If you can afford the extra go Yacht Club. We had friends staying there who should us around and it is soooooo nice. We wish we had.

Overall if you have no issues or dealings with Guest Relations, you dont mind basic buffet food and you chose a cruise that is not jammed packed like ours was then I would say it is ok. It has so much potential. I just hope they listen to suggestions

We have booked our first MSC cruise on the Divina. After reading all the passionate, sincere reviews from riclop, Mikesa 1721, Skipper Tim and many others, I feel the positives far out weigh the negatives. I am very excited to try something new. I have cruised HAL, X, and RCCL many times.

I will try not to compare everything to my previous experiences, as I feel that can lead to unfulfilled expectations. I also believe we create our own experience. I am very excited to begin my new adventure on MSC!

Colleen

I'm nervous because after my last Med cruise in Europe it's such a gamble to try a new cruise line. There's no roll call, which I get, but it's really going to limit the tours we can take in the ports. I had all my tours booked eight months prior to my last cruise because we had groups and there's none of that for my September sailing on Divina!

We have done more than 60 cruises, mostly on Royal and Celebrity. We sailed on the Divina in Oct for the first time with friends and were apprehensive after reading some of the reviews - even our TA didn't like it. But we loved it - so much so that we are going on their grand voyage (20 nights) in April. We found the crew to be exceptionally friendly. We enjoyed the music in the lounges in the evening (compared to the always bad piano bar singer on RCL or X). We enjoyed the food - but, then again, we love Italian food. Our friends had some not so great dishes in the MDR but then we've also had not so great meals on RCL and X. We enjoyed being able to go up for late night snacks which some of the other cruise lines have done away with. We thought the shows were really good and so much different than on RCL and X - they even did a matinee opera!!

As long as you go on with an open mind - and are open to things being done differently - you will have a good time.

Marianne

If you are that enthralled with USA sports, why did you bother going on a cruise? I thought we were supposed to get away from everything. If it means that much to you, get the wifi that will enable you to watch what you wish.

We have booked our first MSC cruise on the Divina. After reading all the passionate, sincere reviews from riclop, Mikesa 1721, Skipper Tim and many others, I feel the positives far out weigh the negatives. I am very excited to try something new. I have cruised HAL, X, and RCCL many times.

I will try not to compare everything to my previous experiences, as I feel that can lead to unfulfilled expectations. I also believe we create our own experience. I am very excited to begin my new adventure on MSC!

Colleen

Hello so when is your cruise ?

Thanks

Eric