Panic!!! Reception in Chops (Allure of the Seas)

vegas82

Hi Everyone

I tried searching but couldn't what I was looking for - has anyone done a reception in Chops for a large group? We have 60 people coming for our wedding. We are having our ceremony through RR at 3pm, then having our reception/dinner in Chops.

I was under the impression that we could have a dance floor, dj etc set up in there from reading reviews, but now it looks like we cant! The Group coordinator emailed us and said we could run 2 self powered speakers and an ipod, but no DJ!! I am in a panic. We had paid to buy out the restaurant $5000 + $2000 min drink bill. I also am certain i saw that someone had their slideshow in there too, but now I am worried nothing will work out!

Please if anyone has done this, respond and let me know how it was set up. I have also asked for tables to be put together, and even a head table but they wont get back to me. I was provided a 'layout' but I can't make sense of it, it looks like the room is all seperated by walls. I am seriously panicking. I just wanted to have dinner and our dances in the same place, and now I don't know what its going to look like.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Having eaten there recently, Chops is shaped sort of like a barbell. It is long and narrow and the middle part is even narrower due to the entry hall on one side and the galley on the other side. I seem to recall that the two ends of the restaurant held 3 rows of tables and the middle part only held 2 rows - many of which were lined up against a banquette. There was also a banquette at each end of the room i believe. So...If you were to do a head table, the most logical place would be along the long banquet that backs up to the galley. Here are some photos that might help you understand.

Here is the long banquette along the galley wall:

http://beyondships.com/sitebuilder/images/5_chops_int_2-469x347.jpg

This shows the aft end of the restaurant. On the right you can see the foyer and on the left, in the background the long banquette in the narrow part that divides the rooms. As you can see there is also a banquette in this room. Much of the seating in Chops involves non-moveable banquettes:

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/DSC08883_zps1407e7f0.jpg

This photo is opposite the long banquette and backs up to the foyer - you can see the doors to the foyer on the left and right behind the banquette:

http://content.reviewed.com/products/12994/specs/6466/Allure-of-the-Seas-Restaurant-3-Overview-16.jpg

This photo shows one of the barbell ends of the restaurant with wine cabinets at the aft end and a banquette on the right. To the left are windows overlooking Central Park:

http://content.reviewed.com/products/12994/specs/6466/Allure-of-the-Seas-Restaurant-3-Overview-2.jpg

Hope these photos help you to better understand the space.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

I've already replied in the other thread about our Chops buy-out experience but thought I'd just chip in and say that Royal have a "Google Street View" of the Allure of the seas that we found really helpful when planning: http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/google-street-view-cruise-ship/

They have a full 360 degree of Chops Grille there that will show you exactly how the resturant is laid out. We had it cleared of all tables/chairs other than the benches that are fixed to the wall and the tables/chairs we used for our giant square to seat 26 (with the centre filled in and covered with table cloths) on the left hand side by the wine racks as you come in.

Hope that helps!

When I sailed on the Allure, there was a DJ set up in Rita's for the Rita's Fiesta event. The DJ didn't take up much space. It was essentially the DJ, his computer, and a couple speakers. So I wonder if you could ask your group/wedding coordinator for this similar setup at your reception in Chops.

I haven't eaten at Chops, so I can't speak of the restaurant's layout. But since the entrance to Chops is in Central Park, I don't think you will be getting any ocean views.