Partially charted cruise?

ruthnlarry

Is there any way to find out if a specific cruise has been partially chartered, or if a large block of cabins has been booked by a group?

We are looking at a 2017 itinerary that was recently released by Azamara. When looking at the available cabins, I see that many are unavailable. For example, only 7 cat 05 cabins are available. I find it very unusual that so many cabins have already been booked for 2017, and was wondering if a large group has booked this cruise. Would like to find out before booking. Thanks.

my experience is that the majority of lines are very reluctant to share group booking information for the obvious reason- it can turn-off potential bookings.

Our last AZ had about 150-200 alumni from about 4 or 5 colleges. Fortunately no real issues except taking over lounges at cocktail time a couple of nights.

my experience is that the majority of lines are very reluctant to share group booking information for the obvious reason- it can turn-off potential bookings.

Our last AZ had about 150-200 alumni from about 4 or 5 colleges. Fortunately no real issues except taking over lounges at cocktail time a couple of nights.

Thanks for the reply!

Is there any way to find out if a specific cruise has been partially chartered, or if a large block of cabins has been booked by a group?

We are looking at a 2017 itinerary that was recently released by Azamara. When looking at the available cabins, I see that many are unavailable. For example, only 7 cat 05 cabins are available. I find it very unusual that so many cabins have already been booked for 2017, and was wondering if a large group has booked this cruise. Would like to find out before booking. Thanks.

If you list the specific cruise (ship and date), you will get a great deal more help. I can get back to you in ten minutes with some information, if you do.

If you list the specific cruise (ship and date), you will get a great deal more help. I can get back to you in ten minutes with some information, if you do.

Hi. I was looking at the 20 night Journey cruise departing on April 22, 2017 RT Mumbai to the Seychelles, Maldives, and Sri Lanka. Thanks!

I am not sure which site you are using to view available cabins but, many sites only show a maximum of 7 cabins available in each category.

I have looked at several sites including Azamara's. Is this standard for Azamara not to release more 7 cabins in each category, and not the more desirable cabins when itineraries are first released? Thanks.

Edited by ruthnlarry

I checked several websites that specialize in group tours, and I don't see anything for your cruise in 2017. As nonrev1 posted above, it is quite common for only 7 cabins to be presented to you for selection, and there may be many more actually available for booking.

If you discover that the ship is already heavily booked (a TA can help), consider that the cruise is round trip Bombay/Mumbai, so it is very likely that the cruise is being heavily marketed (inc. perhaps a large travel group) to either the local Indian population or to the very large ex-pat Indian community.

Edited by Oceans&Rivers

I checked several websites that specialize in group tours, and I don't see anything for your cruise in 2017. As nonrev1 posted above, it is quite common for only 7 cabins to be presented to you for selection, and there may be many more actually available for booking.

If you discover that the ship is already heavily booked (a TA can help), consider that the cruise is round trip Bombay/Mumbai, so it is very likely that the cruise is being heavily marketed (inc. perhaps a large travel group) to either the local Indian population or to the very large ex-pat Indian community.

Thank you and also to nonrev1 for your help.

We booked this cruise last week on Journey to get the onboard booking benefits, I know our usual TA are offering a good package deal with flights and 2 days in Mumbai but unfortunately not on the cabin grade we booked. They may have block reserved a number of cabins for this promotion. But I agree with other posters that normally TA websites only show a restricted number of cabins in each category.

Sent from my iPad using Forums