What do you think of our Nassau to do list?

sahm2alexis

My husband and I are going to Nassau in February, and we're on a tight budget with no kids, so Atlantis isn't on our radar.

From my research I think this is what I want to do. Tell me what you think.

Walk to Graycliffs and the rum distillery, tour each of them. Maybe walk to the staircase and that area. Lunch somewhere around there? And then spend a little time shopping.

Any ideas how long that would take? We aren't morning people, so if we sleep in and take our time getting off the boat I want to make sure we aren't rushed to see all we want to see :)

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband and I are going to Nassau in February, and we're on a tight budget with no kids, so Atlantis isn't on our radar.

From my research I think this is what I want to do. Tell me what you think.

Walk to Graycliffs and the rum distillery, tour each of them. Maybe walk to the staircase and that area. Lunch somewhere around there? And then spend a little time shopping.

Any ideas how long that would take? We aren't morning people, so if we sleep in and take our time getting off the boat I want to make sure we aren't rushed to see all we want to see :)

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't post your port time, but keep in mind that in February it will start getting dark around 4:30/5, so you want to be heading back by then.

This can take a while, since you want to include lunch, and may want to spend some time at the john Watlings bar sipping some rum.

The staircase doesn't take long, but lunch is on "island time", and rarely a quick endeavor. All doable, but watch your time. Graycliffs and Watlings close at 5.

It can't get much more budget friendly than this:

nassaumap-1.jpg

The Fish Fry area is good for lunch.

NassauMap.jpg

I've done this whole turn around with 6 people, on our own, within 5 hours. That even includes sitting to eat and some shopping time at the straw market.

Has anyone been to Arawak Cay recently? A review from December on Trip Advisor says it's no longer safe (this person had been there before apparently).

there was ONE incident between 2 locals a few weeks back. Hardly a big problem. More police presence these days.

there was ONE incident between 2 locals a few weeks back. Hardly a big problem. More police presence these days.

Good to hear. Just checking because if I go, I'll be going solo. My friends haven't decided on anything in Nassau and haven't booked a tour.

Will definitely try the Gone Fishin' place recommended in the other trhead.

• 2 weeks later...

nassaumap-1.jpg

NassauMap.jpg

I've done this whole turn around with 6 people, on our own, within 5 hours. That even includes sitting to eat and some shopping time at the straw market.

Thanks!! This is really helpful, we'll be in port from 8-5, but will probably sleep in a little and take our time getting off the boat. There will just be 2 of us, so we can skip what's less interesting to us and take more time some places (I'm thinking the rum distillery is on our to do list for sure!).

• 2 weeks later...

nassaumap-1.jpg

NassauMap.jpg

Thank you for posting this satellite picture. I'e been trying to pick things for my hubs and I to do in Nassau. Never realized how close the beach was to the port.

We just go in for a cup of tea and pastries- as it is a relaxing and interesting hotel- and old. Or one can just get a drink.

thank you for all the info! The last time I was in Nassau we just walked around the couple of streets near the pier and got back on the ship. We had no idea what there was in walking distance. This is good info.

• 4 weeks later...

Markntara - thanks so much for the detailed maps! I will be in Nassau next week from 7a-midnight... although I will be on the ship by the time it gets dark... (and perhaps part of the day before if my ship can't stop in Coco Cay). I was looking for some inexpensive options other than just going to the beach. Your info is perfect!!!

Melissa