Royal Diamond Tries NCL and Loved It!

So would you rather stand in line 45 minutes and do nothing. :confused:

You know I thought the same thing when I read that. I'd so much rather be handed a beeper and go to a bar and drink while I wait!! Being Royals bar service in the Dining rooms have gone down to almost non existent, A beeper ain't such a bad idea!!

Norwegian is currently offering a Freestyle Choice promotion where you get a free dining package, a free beverage package, and $300 onboard credit for suites and Haven bookings. As a result, we booked a cruise on the Escape in the Haven.

--Steve

This is a really good deal and definitely makes you want to give them a try. good strategy NCL!! Breakaway suite compared to a Quantum or Liberty suite-this definitly makes NCL way more appealing!!

This is a really good deal and definitely makes you want to give them a try. good strategy NCL!! Breakaway suite compared to a Quantum or Liberty suite-this definitly makes NCL way more appealing!!

It is an excellent promotion. Granted we did not book a Haven suite where we got all 3 options, but the mere fact that they were including a free ultimate beverage package secured my May 2016 Escape booking! Tremendous value for DW and I... Especially considering how much we paid on drinks on our November Breakaway cruise :p

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The prices I quoted you were the total for 2, for our B2B May cruise in the Caribbean! I can't speak of any knowledge of Asia cruises!

All the cruise lines are increasing their numbers in the next 4-5 years, with many of the new ships in the (+,-) range of 140,000-160,000 tons, so hopefully cruise prices will flat line, or even come down!:D

Amazing price for a B2B.

Thanks to your sharing, we are now exploring a cruise with MSC Preziosa out of Europe at the end of 2015. The prices look competitive.

Even thinking of trying their Yacht Club. :):)

The prices I quoted you were the total for 2, for our B2B May cruise in the Caribbean! I can't speak of any knowledge of Asia cruises!

All the cruise lines are increasing their numbers in the next 4-5 years, with many of the new ships in the (+,-) range of 140,000-160,000 tons, so hopefully cruise prices will flat line, or even come down!:D

Dear American Bear,

Guess what? We are now booked on the MSC Preziosa!

After some research, we decided to just go for the best they have on that ship, so we will be in a Yacht Club Royal Suite!

Thanks. It was because of your sharing on MSC Divina that got all our interest piqued and all that research going. I know I'm going to have a great cruise! :):)

I think the area where NCL far exceeds Royal Caribbean in terms of WOW is in what they offer suite guests. Perhaps there is less difference with other categories of accommodation. We decided to downgrade our booking from suite accommodation for our first Royal Caribbean cruise when we realised how little we would get from Royal.

Once you have experienced the suite experience of other lines, there seems very little point in going up to that level on Royal unless the price is greatly reduced.

I think the area where NCL far exceeds Royal Caribbean in terms of WOW is in what they offer suite guests. Perhaps there is less difference with other categories of accommodation. We decided to downgrade our booking from suite accommodation for our first Royal Caribbean cruise when we realised how little we would get from Royal.

Once you have experienced the suite experience of other lines, there seems very little point in going up to that level on Royal unless the price is greatly reduced.

True, but in fairness, RCI is in the process of upgrading their suite amenities on their newest ships. The Quantum Class, Oasis, and Allure later in the year have an exclusive suite dining venue called Coastal Kitchen. They've always had a Concierge Lounge which is being rebranded as the Suite Lounge on the Oasis Class. Still does not match the amenity levels of the Haven suites (no ship within a ship facility, for instance), it is a step up from what they had before.

Suite breakfast on the NCL Jade. Useful when you have an early port day. We only used it once. The rest of the day, we had breakfast at Cagney's. They also had 16 inch pizzas for $5, room service.

[YOUTUBE]DXVrR9kLbXY[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Dear American Bear,

Guess what? We are now booked on the MSC Preziosa!

After some research, we decided to just go for the best they have on that ship, so we will be in a Yacht Club Royal Suite!

Thanks. It was because of your sharing on MSC Divina that got all our interest piqued and all that research going. I know I'm going to have a great cruise! :):)

You're welcome!

Have a great trip!:)

From the reviews on the Yacht Club, ship within a ship, their services are outstanding, and what we consider the 'Best Bang for your Cruise Buck' in the suite category price range!:D

True, but in fairness, RCI is in the process of upgrading their suite amenities on their newest ships. The Quantum Class, Oasis, and Allure later in the year have an exclusive suite dining venue called Coastal Kitchen. They've always had a Concierge Lounge which is being rebranded as the Suite Lounge on the Oasis Class. Still does not match the amenity levels of the Haven suites (no ship within a ship facility, for instance), it is a step up from what they had before.

Yes to be fair you are correct, it is a step up from before!

But RCL is still lagging by a lot from the NCL Haven, and the MSC Yacht Club!

NCL and MSC ship within a ship cabins at RCL suite prices(MSC Yacht Club is actually lower priced then RCL's Grand Suites) offer so much more 'service', and 'amenities' then RCL suites!

Our opinion, you'd have to spend many thousands more on Regent, Crystal, Oceania, Azmara, etc. to get similar service and amenities!

• 2 weeks later...
You're welcome!

Have a great trip!:)

From the reviews on the Yacht Club, ship within a ship, their services are outstanding, and what we consider the 'Best Bang for your Cruise Buck' in the suite category price range!:D

Even though the cruise is only in Dec 2015, I am in the process of buying more memory cards for my camera, so that I can make more videos. Yippeee!!

True but they should begin to re-vamp all the other ships too I'm thinking. This thread, and the NCL haven promotion made me take the leap. I have to wait quite a while due to work and other things booked already but time will tell on NCL. My research has me pretty excited trying something new that looks very promising.

Even though the cruise is only in Dec 2015, I am in the process of buying more memory cards for my camera, so that I can make more videos. Yippeee!!

The Divina is a beautiful, and amazingly clean ship! Everyone takes pics/videos in front of the crystal staircases in the main lobby area!

The entertainment in the theater is very similar to Cirque du Soleil with singing and music! We grade the Divina's shows excellent, second only to RCL's Broadway Shows on their larger ships!

The entertainment in the lounges around the ship are very good also!

I would guess you'll need the extra memory for your camera!

Have a great trip!

Remember to sign up for the loyalty club, you get extra points/cruise day credit for every $200. you have in on board spending! A great deal!

The Divina is a beautiful, and amazingly clean ship! Everyone takes pics/videos in front of the crystal staircases in the main lobby area!

The entertainment in the theater is very similar to Cirque du Soleil with singing and music! We grade the Divina's shows excellent, second only to RCL's Broadway Shows on their larger ships!

The entertainment in the lounges around the ship are very good also!

I would guess you'll need the extra memory for your camera!

Have a great trip!

Remember to sign up for the loyalty club, you get extra points/cruise day credit for every $200. you have in on board spending! A great deal!

Thanks! We will be on the Preziosa. Hope the entertainment is as good!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your Jade cruise. The Cagney's lunch and breakfast is a very nice suite perk. The in-room coffee machines are a nice luxury also.

Your feelings about the Windjammer and Garden Café match mine as well. I haven't been on Epic. I hope it will be a good experience for you.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your Jade cruise. The Cagney's lunch and breakfast is a very nice suite perk. The in-room coffee machines are a nice luxury also.

Your feelings about the Windjammer and Garden Café match mine as well. I haven't been on Epic. I hope it will be a good experience for you.

Thanks for your comment!

It turns out that we will not be doing the Epic this year.

We are booked on the MSC Preziosa at the end of the year - trying their Yacht Club.

Yet another new experience!!