Thomson Majesty

We were on Majesty in May and loved her. People always find it easier to voice complaints than praise their cruises. Don't know why. I have loved Dream, Majesty, Spirit and Island Escape. All different, but all have great crew, great entertainment, great itineraries, just all great!! Go and enjoy yourself.

I also loved the Majesty. Been on her three times. Great crew, great entertainment, great food. Only problem was , on my last day I started to have stomach cramps, due to something I ate on the ship. I'm certain it was the fish I had for lunch the previous day. I was ill for four days after I got home. The one and only time this has happened to me on 19 Thomson cruises.

Glad you had a good trip. Hope the changes noted by some of your fellow travellers are temporary and that it's just a 'settling in' issue with the crew. Sadly things do change and previous excellent experiences are no guarantee that it will be the same next time and that things haven't changed in the meantime.

nancyneptune - sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience - sounds a lot like what happened to Linda though that was on Dream not Majesty. I hope your next trip will be problem free and that we hear some more good reviews from Majesty as the crew settle in.

I know Dream and Celebration were moving to new agencies for crew and that Thomson manage these ships but is this now the same agency used by Louis and which operates on Majesty and Spirit? I'd be interested to get a feel of whether the differences we sensed between the Thomson v Louis managed ships is still apparent.

Glad you had a good trip. Hope the changes noted by some of your fellow travellers are temporary and that it's just a 'settling in' issue with the crew. Sadly things do change and previous excellent experiences are no guarantee that it will be the same next time and that things haven't changed in the meantime.

nancyneptune - sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience - sounds a lot like what happened to Linda though that was on Dream not Majesty. I hope your next trip will be problem free and that we hear some more good reviews from Majesty as the crew settle in.

I know Dream and Celebration were moving to new agencies for crew and that Thomson manage these ships but is this now the same agency used by Louis and which operates on Majesty and Spirit? I'd be interested to get a feel of whether the differences we sensed between the Thomson v Louis managed ships is still apparent.

its apollo that are now on dream/ celebration, they provide staff for ie, louis stillprovide all staff for the other 2 ships

we had a lot of problems last may on the majesty, but it hasn't put us off thomson, just would never go on the majesty again

Edited by mtt

Louis operates on Majesty and Spirit? I'd be interested to get a feel of whether the differences we sensed between the Thomson v Louis managed ships is still apparent.

I like the eastern europeans that are on Louis managed ships. Most are tall, and so so good looking.

(Shudder)

Does anyone know where the Greek hotel manager/guy called vangellis is ?

He and I are friends dont ya know.

We have often enjoyed one or two cocktails late in the evening.

There was also a bar manager called Paris, yes thats his real name. Paris.

Oh, he made me feel so special.

its apollo that are now on dream/ celebration, they provide staff for ie, louis stillprovide all staff for the other 2 ships

we had a lot of problems last may on the majesty, but it hasn't put us off thomson, just would never go on the majesty again

Thanks for that clarification mtt - so there is still a difference between the two sets of ships in terms of crew agencies - also presumably in decisions on how the ships are managed. So still potential for a fair bit of variation. :rolleyes:

I am going on the Majesty from Tenerife on the 26th. When does boarding begin? This is our first Thomson cruise and we can't seem to find the boarding time anywhere, only the departure time.

Thanks!

I assume you are doing cruise only? As most cruisers from U.K. do a fly/cruise package, transfers from airport are included so they board as soon as the coach arrives at the port. However there are some members on this forum who travel independently and I am sure they will be able to help. Unless your flight arrives very early in the morning I would think you would be able to board when you arrive at the port.

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise on the Majesty, we love it.

Edited by Sheila49

I assume you are doing cruise only? As most cruisers from U.K. do a fly/cruise package, transfers from airport are included so they board as soon as the coach arrives at the port. However there are some members on this forum who travel independently and I am sure they will be able to help. Unless your flight arrives very early in the morning I would think you would be able to board when you arrive at the port.

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise on the Majesty, we love it.

Thanks Sheila! Yes, cruise only. We arrive at the south airport at 1:10pm so by the time we arrive at the port I suspect it will be around 3pm or so.

Thanks again!

We disembarked the Canaries cruise in Tenerife on 19 December. It's been 2 years since we last sailed on Majesty so we had to get used to the changes made since our last trip. The entertainment and our cabin staff were excellent. We found that when we dined in the waiter service restaurants that service was fine until the main course when there was quite a wait and, sometimes, when the food arrived it was just warm. In the self service restaurants, however, we always managed to get a seat quite quickly, there was a good variety of dishes to choose from and, the food was always hot.

Overall, I felt that what I paid for the cruise and what I got for my money was fair and, I would consider sailing on the Majesty again. However, having also sailed on the Island Escape round the Med earlier this year I would say it was on par with the Majesty with the exception that food wise the IE was better.

Thanks Sheila! Yes, cruise only. We arrive at the south airport at 1:10pm so by the time we arrive at the port I suspect it will be around 3pm or so.

Thanks again!

You will definitely be able to board straight away by that time!

We do 'cruise only' and have always been on board by 11 a.m. at the latest.