Various Ways to Green cay (caye verte)?

1 crazy bro

I am doing a tour over to Orient and it only includes a couple hours on the beach so time is definitely a factor. I was just curious, once you are at Orient what are the various ways to get over to Green cay? If you rent a jet ski do they allow those over there? Not so sure about a kayak but would consider it. Also, I see it is about a half mile from Orient and I also have a water depth chart that is showing only 1 to 2 feet deep the whole way??? That doesn't sound right as I have seen videos of the boat traffic coming from Orient, which see would seem a little scary doing it by swimming/walking, plus it looked like it got deeper than 1 to 2 feet!

Anyway, just looking for various ideas that people know of. Any snorkel trips from Orient that go out there?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
I am doing a tour over to Orient and it only includes a couple hours on the beach so time is definitely a factor. I was just curious, once you are at Orient what are the various ways to get over to Green cay? If you rent a jet ski do they allow those over there? Not so sure about a kayak but would consider it. Also, I see it is about a half mile from Orient and I also have a water depth chart that is showing only 1 to 2 feet deep the whole way??? That doesn't sound right as I have seen videos of the boat traffic coming from Orient, which see would seem a little scary doing it by swimming/walking, plus it looked like it got deeper than 1 to 2 feet!

Anyway, just looking for various ideas that people know of. Any snorkel trips from Orient that go out there?

Thank you

You can get there by jet ski. Also, the jet ski folks will take you over and will supposedly return at an appointed time and pick you up. Haven't done it but was offered the service once on a land vacation. We rented a kayak and paddled over. Not a bad paddle at all when the wind is reasonable. Use your own judgement. A couple we met actually 'kicked' over and back a couple of times (snorkel fins) A bit to far for us.

The folks about in the middle of Orient Beach do snorkle tours in the area between Green Cay and Pinel Island. Snorkeling there is pretty good. You can snorkel that same area from the small beach on Green Cay.

If you go over be sure to take some shoes with sturdy soles. The rock there is very sharp and impossible to walk on barefooted. You can get to the top of the island and explore if you locate the small and very steep path just to the right of the beach that you see when you look at Green Cay from Orient Beach.